Chapter 186 - United States (1)

Start from the beginning

『Guards subdued it, fortunately… Hwalin attacked by an assailant with an awl』

No matter which article he read or Youtube videos he checked, the hero wasn’t mentioned.

“Where did Kang Woojin go?”

Kang Woojin was nowhere.

What? His name wasn’t in any of the numerous articles. He had to be there, and it was impossible for him not to be. Kang Woojin was the one who subdued the assailant, wasn’t he? Given the movie-like coolness, it should have been known. But the articles only had a vibe that the guards took care of it. Even the official statement released by Hwalin’s agency didn’t mention Kang Woojin.

Of course, everything spewed by the media was indeed factual.

But, somehow, it was as if the dashcam footage owned by the man had Kang Woojin erased from it. Moreover, nowhere in the articles was the CCTV footage seen. At best, there were only pictures that seemed to be snapshots from the video.

“……”

The fingers of the man touching his phone screen sped up. And then, he was certain.

‘My dashcam footage… is it a massive scoop?’

Realizing that he was the only one who possessed the complete footage of the incident, including the hidden existence of Kang Woojin, the man speculated that revealing this video could attract tremendous public interest. It was nearly an exclusive scoop, driven more by instinct than calculation.

In a moment, various thoughts flashed through the man’s head about how to handle the dashcam footage, now turned gold.

‘Youtube? News tip? Community?’

The next day, the 4th, late morning.

Despite the night and dawn passing, the incident of Hwalin’s attack by a strange assailant hadn’t died down.

『The issue of ‘sasaeng fans’ resurfaces with Hwalin’s recent attack incident』

It had worsened, in fact. Because the news broke last night, people checking in now were joining in droves, including the media and those related to the entertainment industry.

『[Issue Pick] JML Entertainment’s homepage, Hwalin’s fans demand, “Expose that stalker XX’s personal information!”』

The incident had grown several times larger than the previous night, skyrocketing public interest to the extreme. Naturally, the outrage remained.

And, of course, there was no mention of Kang Woojin whatsoever.

Everyone related to Hwalin was on high alert, including her agency and the various programs she was involved in. Among them, PD Yoon Byung-seon and the ‘Our Dining Table’ team were particularly shocked.

『Will Hwalin, who ran into trouble before departing for the U.S., leave PD Yoon’s ‘Our Dining Table’?』

It was inevitable. The variety show ‘Our Dining Table’, which Hwalin was a part of, was scheduled to depart for the U.S. on the 6th. However, given the current circumstances, it was uncertain whether Hwalin could participate even in the first round of filming due to the psychological shock. Filming a variety show wouldn’t be easy.

As a result,

“Has there been any contact from Hwalin’s side or her agency?”

“No, PD. Shouldn’t we adjust the schedule to exclude Hwalin for now?”

“That seems best.”

PD Yoon Byung-seon, along with the ‘Our Dining Table’ team, was on alert. They had expressed their concerns to Hwalin after hearing about last night’s incident, but reality is reality, and ‘Our Dining Table’ couldn’t just stop without Hwalin.