eighteen;

the joy and the chaos, the demons we're made of;

Red.

All Taehyung could see was red. The need to burn the fucking world down was strong.

How could his dad do this? he felt nothing but burning betrayal for his mom and hatred for the man who made him.

Taehyung storms out of Headmaster Hughes' office, down the corridor, and out into the main hall. He eyes the glass cabinets filled with trophies and knickknacks and it takes everything in him to not slam his fist through them.

He contemplates going to the soccer field and letting off some steam. The guys will probably still be there practicing. Instead, he heads towards the cafeteria when he receives a text from Seokjin asking him where he is at. 

Taehyung glance at the time and realize it's way later than he thought, then he types and deletes four replies before stuffing his phone away without sending anything. He didn't feel like raging in a text, so he will just go to them and rage in person.

He pushes open the doors to the cafeteria and heads to his spot, plopping down next to Yoongi. His leg is bouncing anxiously under the table and he tries to do that stupid count thing to calm himself down. He then did a full sweep of the room, trying to find random objects to focus on when he catches sight of the reason for his hostility to begin with. His face makes all thoughts of calming down fly out the window.

Jimin!

"What's wrong with you?" Yoongi questions, giving him a nudge. He leans forward and follows Taehyung's gaze. "You know him?"

Do I know him? Fuck, I wish I didn't. 

"Oh, I know him. That right there is my money-grubbing, stuck-up, sugar daddy wanting, father's girlfriend's son, Jimin." Not a girlfriend anymore considering they're getting married. Taehyung shakes his head, trying to clear the thought, and then clenches his teeth as he bites out the next words. "No, that's not right actually. He's my soon-to-be stepbrother."

"The fuck?" Seokjin questions and his eyebrows shoot up in disbelief.

"Yeah, that's what I was called to the office for. Daddy dearest wanted me to know he was getting married again and my new 'brother' was going to be starting here. He's not my fucking brother. I'll be damned if I treat him as such either. Him and his fucking, money-hungry mom can fuck right off."

They need to just go back to where they came from. 

Taehyung doesn't understand how his dad can be so blind to this woman. He needs to hit something, soon or else the rage inside him will burst out.

Yoongi's shocked voice pulls Taehyung from his thoughts. "So, let me get this straight. Your dad is here and just had you called to the Headmaster's office to let you know he was getting married again and your stepbrother would be starting at Emerald?"