twenty;

for something that can be so strong
love sure is a fragile thing;

for something that can be so stronglove sure is a fragile thing;

Taehyung flicks his wrist to glance at his watch, noting the time, and then lets out a groan at how early it is. He is ready to just go back to his room already or grab Jungkook and fuck him against the nearest surface. That latter sounds like a good option actually.

A breeze rolls through, causing his body to shudder and goosebumps to erupt across his skin. It's cold up here. The music is loud, everyone is obnoxious, and Taehyung is surrounded by idiots he didn't like.

He hates these cliff parties but his friends love to have these parties late at night. Everyone likes to sneak out here and act stupid. What's worse? It's Halloween. It's hard to believe it's already this time of year again. 

Every year that passes is like this; time just goes faster and faster, reminding him just how much he hates the holidays. Full stop. It's just a countdown to remind him of what he has lost. Despite that, though, here he is, decked out in a pair of devil horns like he is not falling apart on the inside.

His jaw ticks as he watches everyone around him laugh and have a good time. He is a mix of anger but also resentment. What he wouldn't give to be so carefree. Instead, he feels suffocated by his past, and the feelings he tries to suppress always resurfaces with a vengeance.

Feelings that have done nothing but fester in the last few weeks of watching Jimin become closer to Yoongi and Jungkook. While he knows that he is the one responsible for Yoongi's part in becoming friends with Jimin, it really drives him nuts that Jimin's stepping on his territory with Jungkook. Out of all the rooms, why did Jimin have to be paired up with his guy? Taehyung never wanted to jump in and claim Jungkook more in his life than he does now.

But I won't because he's not actually mine.

"Do you want another beer?" Namjoon asks, pulling Taehyung from his wandering thoughts.

"That'd be good." Taehyung nods and drinks the rest of the bottle he is currently sipping on.

"I want to do some jumping," Seokjin mutters, looking out longingly at the water.

Taehyung shakes his head, tossing his empty bottle into the trash. "You're on your own there. It's already freezing."

"Oh, come on. Do it with me! It'll be fun." Seokjin gives him pleading eyes, but Taehyung tunes him out. There's no way in hell he is doing that right now.

"I'll do it with you," Namjoon cuts in, popping the top of his beer and taking a sip. "Also, there's no more beer in there. Was going to see if you wanted something else."

"I can go grab some liquor from my room. Yoongi was able to sneak in a fair amount of bottles in the last break."

Namjoon smirks, tipping back his bottle once more. "I swear he's like the Houdini of sneak. Like that... I see he's getting somewhere with Jimin." Namjoon gestures to the side where they're currently dancing all wrapped around each other.