ten;

inside my present...so, so much past;

so, so much past;

| 19 YEARS OLD |

It's the first day back from summer break and Jungkook is already counting down the days until graduation. 

Shutting the door behind him, he hightails it down the stairs and across the campus to the cafeteria to eat before the class starts. Grabbing a tray, a muffin, and an energy drink, he heads to where Hoseok and Joseph are already sitting at their usual table.

Setting down his sad breakfast, Jungkook plops on the seat, unable to hold back his huff of annoyance. He is not a morning person, but his mood may have something to do with the fact that he stayed up most nights painting.

Snagging his muffin from the tray, Jungkook peels back the wrapper and breaks off a large chunk before stuffing it into his mouth. He's not really hungry, but he didn't eat dinner last night so he knows he needs to feed his body something to function.

"Did you get your schedule figured out?" Joseph asks Hoseok.

Hoseok lets out a sigh and shuffles his food around on his plate. "I did what I could. It's a pain in the ass swapping classes."

Jungkook nods in agreement. "That's why I always tell you to sign up early. Then you can basically pick your schedule and you won't get thrown into whatever is left over."

"It'll be fine. At least I got out of Advanced Chemistry with Kelsing. Can you imagine having him as a teacher?" Hoseok mock shudders, earning a laugh from both of his friends.

Joseph nudges Hoseok with an elbow. "You only don't like him because he caught you sneaking out to smoke last year and gave you a month-long detention."

Hoseok rolls his eyes, letting out an exasperated huff. "It was not a month."

"Oh, sorry, three weeks?"

They go back and forth, but Jungkook tunes them out, finishing the rest of his food wondering if it's too much to count down the minutes until graduation?

The bell rings and they toss their trash when leaving the cafeteria. Jungkook's so tired and seriously regretting his decision of staying up as late as he did last night. That's just how it goes for him, though; once he starts painting, he loses time. Hours fly by like minutes. He can't even begin to say how many meals and classes he has missed just because he's so lost in his head.

They all bid their goodbyes at the stairs with promises to meet in the library later, and Jungkook heads down the hall toward science. Ugh, he really should have grabbed another energy drink. He didn't had the mental capacity to learn science today. If it wasn't for the fact that he wanted to graduate and get his scholarship, he would have said screw it a long time ago.