six;

lean on me, when you're not strong
and i'll be your friend;

lean on me, when you're not strongand i'll be your friend;

| 14 YEARS OLD |

"You want to pick him up a cake too?" Seoyeon asked, as they wait in line by the register. 

Taehyung is holding a plush pink blanket, pink nail polish, and a bag of Skittles. In the last four years, his mom has never once questioned the stuff he gets for Jungkook. She even picked out the Barbie he wanted to buy for Jungkook for his birthday last year and never asked questions. 

He is really grateful for the way she just always rolls with it. She even invited Jungkook to come out for the day with them a few times.

She knows Jungkook's parents are terrible and he thinks she feels bad for Jungkook. Now, don't get him wrong, his mom loves Jungkook, but she knows how hard things are for him. Taehyung is just so thankful to have the mom he does. He couldn't even imagine how hard it must be for Jungkook.

They never come to see him on Parents' Day, never send him packages, or call to check on him. He goes home every summer, but Taehyung thinks that's only because it's mandatory for them to go home. If it was up to Jungkook, Taehyung felt like he'd never leave Emerald. 

They don't have a good track record to make Taehyung think otherwise.

However, Taehyung was surprised when Jungkook came back with a cell phone last year. He said his mom insisted it was necessary in case he had an emergency, but Taehyung just rolled his eyes. They don't give a crap any other time. They didn't even call him yesterday for his birthday; which is why Taehyung asked his mom if they could leave campus during her visit and go to town—almost an hour away—so they could get him something else. Taehyung had already given him his present, but he wanted to get him more.

"A cake would be nice," Taehyung mutters, trying to push his anger aside because it won't do anyone any good. He just doesn't get Jungkook's parents. Even his parents are busy, but they always manage to create some time for him. Be it, his mom's regular visits, his dad never missing any of his soccer games or them making sure they called him once a week.

"I'm sorry you're so upset, honey." Seoyeon lets out a sigh and shifts her fingers through the longer strands on top of his head. He acts like he doesn't like it, but he really do love how it feels. "I wish I could do something more. He's such a special boy, he deserves so much more. I hate that his family is like this."

"Jungkook deserves everything," Taehyung mumbles, but the boy really do deserve the world. He's one of the best people Taehyung knows... Okay, and maybe he's developing a little crush, but who could blame him? Jungkook is the best. 

Taehyung sets the items on the counter for the lady to scan and she bags them while his mom pays for the stuff. After, they walk out of the department store and head to the car.