thirteen;

years have passed the time elapsed it was never lost on me
you're the memory in the back of my head
collection of letters that I never sent;

years have passed the time elapsed it was never lost on meyou're the memory in the back of my headcollection of letters that I never sent;

The last several days of classes with Jungkook have been strained even more than they already were for Taehyung. After all this time of putting his feelings aside, they're now front and center demanding to be dealt with, and Taehyung is not willing to do it. Thinking about dredging up all that shit makes him physically sick. Besides, it's not like it'll matter; Jungkook will never forgive him.

Standing at the top of the cliff, Taehyung looks down at the water below, his skin buzzing with what's to come. He can hear the guys laughing in the background, but he's too focused on the water to join in. He already called dibs on going first. Inhaling and exhaling several times, he takes a few steps back before sprinting forward and diving off the side.

His heart pounds in his chest and his eyes tunnel while he focuses on the water as it gets closer. It's only seconds before he closes his eyes and he's enveloped by the water.

Cliff jumping is such an adrenaline rush. From the second his feet leaves dry land until his body resurfaces again in the water, it's like he's suspended in time. Everything is quiet and for those few moments, it's nothing but peace in his head. He relishes it, wishing it lasted longer.

Kicking out his legs, Taehyung begins to work his arms as he swims to the surface. It's exhilarating, this feeling. Like chasing a high and that's why he loves it so much. It pushes him to his limits without causing any long-term damage.

When he finally breaks through, he gasps for breath and sucks in lungfuls of much-needed air, unable to stop the smile from spreading across his face. It doesn't matter how many times he does this, it never gets old.

"Cannonball!" Seokjin yells. Taehyung looks up as he lets out a loud shriek and then he hears all their noises and three different splashes as they all hit the water.

They surface, Namjoon sputtering around a mouthful of water like Taehyung knew he would. But Seokjin is instantly there, smacking his back harshly while simultaneously wiping water off his face. 

"You're going to drown one of these days." Seokjin's voice is a mix of humor and concern, and Taehyung notes the slight worry on his face.

Taehyung watches Namjoon shake his head as his coughing dies off. "I'll be fine. Just went down the wrong way."

"That's because you don't plug your nose," Seokjin growls, jabbing him in the chest.

"How many times are we going to go over this?"

Seokjin cocks a brow. "Until you stop being stubborn about it."

So, never then? Taehyung thinks, unable to hold back his laughter. While he loves these two, they're so damn obvious about their feelings. He can't believe they haven't told him and Yoongi something's going on yet. Unless there's really nothing going on, but he doesn't believe that for a second.