one;

'cause pretty isn't pretty enough anyway;

| 9 YEARS OLD |

Jungkook has always liked pretty things.

Dolls, dresses, bows, sparkles, flowers. 

He loves them all, but boys aren't allowed to like pretty things, right? At least, that's what his dad says. 

But, Jungkook finds that stupid. What's wrong with the color pink? It's so bright and bubbly and makes him feel happy inside. whoever made that rule, Jungkook finds it utterly stupid. 

Who cares if it's a 'girl' color?

Jungkook sighs as he fastens the pink skirt on his barbie's waist before holding it up for his friend, Cora to see. 

"Do you like this with the blue shirt, or should I go with white instead?"

Cora purses her lips and taps her chin before reaching out and grabbing the glittery one. "I think you should do this one instead, and don't forget the pink shoes. She needs those too."

Jungkook looks it over, before nodding his head in agreement. "Good thinking," He says, changing the top and adding the shoes.

Wednesdays are his favorite day of the week because that's the only day his parents work late and his nanny is busy, so he gets to go to Cora's house after school. He loves her house, well, mostly just her room. It's so huge and has everything he wished he had in his own room. 

Pink-painted walls, a pink bed, a giant Barbie house, and a dress-up corner filled with every princess dress and matching plastic heels ever made.

He is currently sitting on the floor wearing Aurora's pink dress—that's his favorite color—silver princess heels, and a matching crown. His hair is getting long, just past his chin finally, and he loves it. He can almost pull it up in a ponytail! 

His mom keeps trying to get him to cut it, but he doesn't want to. He wants long, pretty hair like Cora's.

Jungkook grabs the mini brush, dragging it down Barbie's hair before holding her up for Cora again. "What do you think now? Is this better?" He asks, still unsure if it's good enough.

She looks up from what she's working on, a huge smile blooming across her face. "It's perfect. I think it matches your dress better too. Do you think mine looks good?"

He looks over at her Barbie, nodding at the pink and yellow flower dress and white heels. "She looks perfect"

Then they play 'runway' in her Barbie Dream House. 

Jungkook doesn't like this game much, but it's Cora's favorite so he doesn't minds much. They take turns, one of them pretending to be the model while the other pretends to take the pictures. Cora makes the best clicking sound for her camera. She says it's because of her lisp, but Jungkook likes it... He likes the way she talks.