epilogue;

🎀

"𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑎 𝑑𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑖𝑟. 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑦 𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒."

The Atlas University campus is buzzing with students as everyone goes from table to table, checking out the activities and frat houses.

Jungkook is excited, nervous, and ready for this next chapter in his life.

He steps up on his tiptoes, trying to get a better idea of where he is going, but he is at a major disadvantage being so short. Stupid little legs. His phone vibrates in his pocket and he moves to the side so he is not in anyone's way before pulling it out and answering.

"Hello."

"Where are you?" Taehyung questions, and he rolls his eyes.

"Well, hey to you too."

"Princess," Taehyung groans. "I haven't seen you all summer because of soccer training, and knowing you're within fucking distance has me about to lose my shit right now."

His cheeks flush and he looks around to make sure no one heard him even though no one is paying him any attention. "Taehyung! What the hell? Fucking distance? What does that even mean?"

"I'm not even going to apologize. Tell me where you are?"

Jungkook does a quick sweep of the surrounding area, spotting the Delta Sigma sign, and tell him.

"Oh, that's not far. I can be there in like thirty seconds. Don't move." Then the line goes dead and Jungkook's stomach erupts into a thousand butterflies. I can't wait to see him.

He smiles and shakes his head, stuffing his phone away just as someone knocks into his shoulder from behind, causing him to drop his canvas bag.

"Oh, jeez. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." Jungkook tells the girl, bending down to grab his bag off the ground, but she ignores him as she rambles while staring at the campus map in her hands.

"I'm such a klutz. I was trying to find my dorm. I'm a few days late getting here, and I'm so lost because I missed freshman orientation..." She stops, her gaze flies up to meet Jungkook's and he is immediately hit with recognition as he looks at her. "Oh God, and now I'm just rambling and you don't care." She releases a laugh, shaking her head. "I'm sorry, I'm just going to—"

"Cora?"

She looks at Jungkook, a question on her face as her eyes roam over him. He can see the moment she realizes who he is and her mouth drops open in shock. "Oh, my... Jungkook?" she whispers, taking a step closer.

Jungkook nods, unable to stop the goofy smile from spreading across his face. This is Cora! The first friend he ever had. The one who gave him the princess bracelet when he was only nine. The first person who ever saw the real him and didn't judge him for it. His lip wobbles slightly as he takes her in.

"It's you?" he questions, unable to hide the awe in his voice.

"I can't believe it. Can I hug you?" Instead of answering her, Jungkook engulfs her in a hug, crushing that stupid map between them, but not at all caring. "I've thought about you a million times. But I never thought I'd see you again." She's got tears lingering in her eyes, looking so much like the little girl she once was.

"Me either." Jungkook pulls back, holding her at arm's length as he looks at her. "You look amazing."

"So do you."

"What's going on here?" Jungkook's boyfriend asks as he sidles up behind him. Jungkook drops his hands from Cora's arms just as Taehyung throws an arm over his shoulder. "Who's this?" He can hear the stiffness in Taehyung's tone, but also that slight edge, like he's making sure his ownership is known.

Jungkook rolls his eyes, giving him a jab. "Can you stop with that macho shit, please? This is a childhood friend from before I came to Emerald."

Taehyung relaxes slightly, nodding to Cora. "I'm Taehyung. The boyfriend."

Boyfriend. It's been a few months since they have made things official and it's still so weird to hear.

"Cora." She points to herself, smiling as she looks between the two of them, a sappy grin on her face. "You play soccer?"

It's only then Jungkook notices the Atlas University Soccer jersey Taehyung is wearing. Damn, how'd he miss that? He looks so good. "I do."

"Cool." She nods, then gives Jungkook a knowing look. "I need to get back to this, but can we exchange numbers? I'd really like to meet up sometime."

"Of course." Jungkook pulls out his phone, getting her number and shoots her a quick text.

"Awesome." She hugs him once more before they make plans to text later and go their separate ways.

Watching her go, Jungkook feels peace settle over him. Like everything is finally coming together, and it's exactly the way it's supposed to be.

Taehyung's arm tightens slightly, and Jungkook turns his attention back to him. "You need something?" he sasses, knowing good and well what that heated look he's giving him means.

Taehyung bends down, placing a quick kiss on his lips before he's pulling Jungkook to follow him. "You, me, my room. I need to be inside of you now." Jungkook hears a few giggles from a group of girls when they pass and his face flushes and he jabs him in the side again. "Hey!" Taehyung cries, coming to a stop and rubbing the spot Jungkook assaulted. "Don't hold it against me. I missed you."

"I missed you too. Can you cool it on the sex talk, though? People can hear," Jungkook mutters low enough so only Taehyung can hear him.

Taehyung laughs, nodding his head, and his hands come up to cup Jungkook's cheeks. "Fine, but can we please go back to my room now?" He juts out his lip, batting those stupid, golden eyes at Jungkook, and he didn't have it in him to say no.

A devilish look crosses his features before Taehyung throws Jungkook over his shoulder. Jungkook squeals, hands smacking his back as he takes off across campus at a fast pace.

"Taehyung. Fuck. Put me down," Jungkook growls, smacking his ass when he doesn't listen.

"Oh, Princess. I love it when you do that." And Taehyung gives him a smack back in retaliation.

Jungkook releases a groan, but despite himself, he smiles. Taehyung may be infuriating as hell, and the biggest pain in his ass, but he was still Jungkook's own person. He always has been.

And when it all comes down to it, he wouldn't change Taehyung or what they have for anything in the world.

тнε εи∂

🎀