65. Confidential

"Bhai, but it's good for me to work in your company!"

"No Siya. I was fine with the internship, but for the job, no."

"But bhai-"

"Siya, you have capability. Try working for other companies."

"I did an internship at your company. I am aware of many things about the company. It'll be better if I'll work there."

"No Siya. You are still not aware of my company. It's better you apply to another company for work."

"Fine!"

Saying this, Siya disconnected the call. She was still confused as to why Arav was not allowing her to work for his company because, according to her, the company was the best to start.

She sighed in defeat. Her body was still sore because of all the deeds they performed in the morning. She relaxed herself in bed and slept as soon as she shut her eyes.

"Bhabhi." Her eyes slowly opened upon hearing her name.

She sat up and looked to see where the voice was coming from.

"It's dinner time, bhabhi; you should eat." Uday was standing at the door.

"Vikram came?" She asked about setting her hair properly.

"No. I guess he'll be late."

"You'll eat. I'll wait for him," she said with dissatisfaction in her face. She was waiting for him to rant about what Arav said to her.

Uday nodded and was about to leave, but he turned and looked at her.

She saw him struggling and asked, "Do you want to say something?"

He was looking here and there.

"Umm. That. Did I do something wrong last night?"

At first, she was clueless about what he was talking about, but then it clicked in her mind what he was asking about. She smiled at him and folded her arms over her chest.

"Yes"

Uday came, rushing towards her, and sat beside her.

"What? What did I do? I said something that I was not supposed to say?"

Siya was controlling her laugh, and she shook her head, agreeing with what he said.

"Wh... what did I say?"

"You said something that made your brother hit you hard on your cheeks."

His eyes widened, and he kept his hand on the swell on his cheek.

"I thought it was painful and swollen because of my wisdom teeth."

Siya chuckled, seeing him tense up.

"I was drunk. I am sorry for behaving the way I did," he said, lowering his head out of shame.

"No. You did the right thing. By the way, why were you drunk last night? I have never seen you drink anything related to alcohol."