27

Jayden's POV

I woke up with a start and the lights were off.

Strange, because I didn't get the time to do so. I thought there was a black out but when I turned towards the window side, I realised that the curtain was slightly opened.

Or at least open enough to carry wind that was blowing the curtains and there was light coming in from outsides so it wasn't a blackout either.

The open window remained a mystery as I was sure I didn't touch it when I noticed that it was shut tightly before.

I looked to the side and the alarm clock was missing while my phone had been clearly shifted, but Chloe was still in my hand, sleeping soundly.

I sighed at how troublesome things could get, so I slowly and noiselessly removed my hand from where she was resting her head, gave her a kiss and straightened up to remain alert.

It wasn't such a bad move as I noticed some movement in the shadow from the door side, but the for was still clearly locked and quiet noisy, so I the intruder must have come in through the window.

I tried to think up how exactly the intruders had gotten in, and hoped it wasn't some of the enemies I made while I was actively serving in the military.

I had to deal with this silently somehow, so I made sure that there was nobody beside the the bed before climbing out and taking a defensive stance in front of it.

From the corner of my eyes, I noticed a shadow move. I see they were no longer trying to mask their intent.

One extended twisted kick from my left leg was all it took to hear a crack sound and the sound of a grown man crying like a child as he fell to his knees.

I had probably just put an end to his chance at continuing his family lineage. I couldn't care though, Chloe had to be safe for that to happen.

"Let's get this over with quickly, my sister is fast asleep," I said in an audible whisper and watched another one of them come at me, I could tell from his form that he was exhausted and one could always trust an ex military man to take advantage of that.

He raised his hands ready to engage, while I raised my leg in a full stretch up, ready to end this.

I brought my foot down in one smooth, straight move, watching as it made impact with his face which hot the ground straight in one swift thud.

"Whose next?" I asked as I took a quick glance at Chloe who was still sound asleep.

Another jumped in from the window and I realised just the trick they had used to get in despite the hotels right security.

They had taken the room upstairs and roped their ways down.

"Who sent you?" I asked because I knew that if I continued to attack as soon as they got in the ring, I would have no one to question at the end of it.

"Tch," the one who had just gotten in scoffed. I glanced back at Chloe who stared in her sleep.

I had no time for this. One hit in his gut was all I needed to immobilise him and watch him fall backwards only to be caught swiftly by the last man standing in the room.

He pulled him one with a grunt and went down on one knee, as he bowed his head while the one who almost lost his neck for good did the same, still holding his neck and coughing like he was at the last leg of his life.

"The young master is truly worthy," he said.

I rolled my eyes and was about to deliver the final blow when Chloe called out my name.

"Jayden," she yawned as she tried to sit up.

Damn it!

I was now torn in between finishing this last guy and answering her, so I chose the latter since she was always and will always be my priority.

"Don't worry young master," the last guy kneeling said as he pulled the others out through the door.

So before I got to Chloe's side they were all gone.

"Yes sweetie?" I answered as I held her hand and held her close. She was cold from sweat as she wrapped her hand around my waist tightly and that was when I noticed her shiver as well.

"Those bastards!" I cussed silently as she didn't let go.

"Chloe is anything the matter? You seem really shaken," I tried to pull her apart to talk.

"No, no, just please don't leave me. I dreamt that you did, but please don't leave me ever. What would I do without you?" She was shaking as she was crying which scared me.

Amidst everything, she seemed to have had a bad dream that involved me leaving her.

"Mia, hold on, I'm not leaving you no matter what, I promise," I kissed her forehead to reassure her.

"Will you be here forever? Do you really promise?" She asked and I nodded and started to pat her hair.

"I have never lied to you, have I?"

"No."

"Good, then I'll tell you this. I can't do without you as well, my life is totally incomplete without you, so I will never leave you no matter what, even if the world split into two from right between us, I will only hold you tighter and protect you from it all," I kissed her forehead and traced the kiss down where her teases down where her tears had stained.

"Jayden," she whimpered without letting go and I swore to myself from then on like I'd always done that regardless of the trouble we are in, I will continue to protect her always.

"I love you, now go to sleep and dream a more beautiful dream of us. I held unto her and waited until her breathing became even, but when I tried to get up to do some investigation, I realized that her grip didn't loosen, so I had no choice that to lay back.

Sleep was however far from me, because there was no way I could fall asleep and be defenseless after all that just happened.