9 curious to compare his lips

Chloe's POV

"I don't care what took you so long, but I can't have you acting so unruly. Young master was really worried about you, so you better behave well, go on your knees and apologize," mom raised her hand, ready to hit my head only to stop just a few centimetres away.

Worry my foot!

This wasn't a first, it had happened many times before because she wanted to present the perfect daughter to them.

Not one with ruffled hair or with a swollen face.

"Going on my knees is too much."

This made me want to infuriate her more whenever we were going to see my supposed in-laws. At lease, I knew that only then would she pretend to show some care for me.

"Chloe, I've missed you. Happy belated birthday, I'm so sorry I missed your birthday, I was busy-" Mirabel, the only person I could relate to in the Fitzgerald's mansion hugged my hand as she ran up to me.

"Oh it's okay, it wasn't much of a deal, plus you must have heard that I ran away from it," I whispered in her ear and we both giggled.

Mirabel was the once pampered child of the Fitzgeralds, until Shawn came and they started to despise and loathe the daughter they had adopted when they desperately wanted a child.

And now, she was living the same life as Cinderella, just without the fairytale.

She wasn't able to go to college because of her leukemia and was now stuck in the house to be bullied by all despite being declared cancer free by the doctor.

"Are young Master Shawn's parents at home?" Mom asked with a loathful voice and although Mirabel had an unfazed look, I noticed her flinch at being addressed as an outcast.

I wish I could do something for her.

"Yes, I'll go inform the Fitzgeralds that their in-laws are around," she,who had been stripped of her last name as well ran inside as as we followed behind her, the door had to be opened by two other maids because of its magnificent size.

I entered and stopped in awe as I looked at the beautifully decorated interiors of their house.

No matter how many times I've visited, the beauty of the Fitzgeralds home never seized to amaze me.

"I see you finally came to your senses, excuse me mother and father, but I'd like to borrow my fiance while you both look around," Shawn was quick to welcome us, except I knew nothing good was going to come out of being alone with him in his house.

"Aww thank you mother in-law for bringing my wife to me," he held my hand and was dragging me away before I knew it.

"We aren't married yet," I said as I yanked my hand away from his hold.

"Soon sweetheart, soon."

"What do you mean? Three years is not anytime close," I asked but he glared daggers at me and was about to speak when my mother cut in.

"Oh dear, we are sorry for her rudeness and ingratitude, you can punish her how you like," mother was urging him on and as usual, dad said nothing.

"You heard what your mother said, uhn? I'll punish you as I see fit. So the moment you get in my room, I want you to strip," his tone was harsh as he spoke very close to my ear before giving it a bite.

"Stop it! And I won't strip. I came here with my parents on a visit."

"So do you want me to tell them about how you left with your darling stepbrother instead? I could also tell them that you spent the night in an hotel room. I bet they'll disown you without a doubt and I don't think your stepbrother has anything to take care of you." He spoke terrifying facts that made me comply and remain silent until we reached his room.

My heart was pounding, not from how large and expensive his room was, but from the mention of Jayden and what he might do to me.

Unlike the the last, there was no way for Jayden to be around for a rescue, so I couldn't bring myself to fight back when he started sniffing at my collar bone.

"Why do you smell like Rose wood?" He suddenly asked as he stood up, glaring at me from where I was seated on his king sized bed.

"I changed my deodorant!"

"Change it. I hate it. I hate this smell on you," he seemed angry as he paced back and forth in two trilos twice, locking the door in on the first trip and entering the closet on the second.

I was glad he was away, but he was right in front of me in no time.

"Can I go now? I'm sure your parents are out already," I got up and decided to test my luck.

"Chloe, wait!" He held my wrist as he pulled me back.

"What? There's nothing left for me to do here," I looked around but he got closer in my line of sight.

"Actually, I wanted to apologize to you for what I attempted during your birthday party." I was beyond shocked, because Shawn had never apologized. Not even when he slapped me for rejecting him in front of the whole class.

And for that reason, I couldn't trust it. He had to have some hidden reason why because everything was leverage to him.

"Apologize?"

"Yes, I was wrong to have invited those four," his time was solemn and I was about to fee his forehead for a fever when I caught sight of something that didn't belong in his room.

Red laced lingerie that looked like it as flung recklessly.

"I see."

"So do you forgive me?"

"Wait a second Shawn," I pushed him aside and walked to the dressing table where it was hanging on the edge.

"Chloe, wait, do you forgive me?"

"What exactly are you apologizing for? The panties or the fact that you do not want me to talk about you cheating?" I threw it at his face and I wasn't surprised when he switched starting with a roll of his eyes.

"Why can't you remain a dumb fuck and sit pretty? Why are you such a nosy bitch, poking your nose where you're not meant to, uhn?" He walked towards me enraged as he picked my jaw and forced a kiss.

This wouldn't be the first time either, but it was the firs time that I was curious enough to close my eyes despite how forceful he was being.

I was curious to know how bad he compared to my stepbrother, so I parted my lips when he poked with his tongue and stumbled backwards as I was starting to get weak knees.

Author's Note: how do you feel about Chloe's recent actions?