17 one man's dream is another's trauma.

Chloe's POV

"Hey." 

"Hi." 

"I...hmm I got you flowers," his hand shook as he handed it over to me. 

"Hmm okayyyy," I dragged as something about his appearance seemed different and I was trying to figure it out when mom opened the door and came in. 

"What are you waiting for? Take the flowers. I can't believe you didn't ask him to sit yet!" She looked pissed as she stared at me and I wondered how outrageous her reaction would be if she knew that he had been like that for the past fifteen minutes while Jayden and I were filling eachother up. 

"Hmm actually, I wanted to ask her out for breakfast, mom," he called her mom for the first time and mom's reaction wasn't far from expected. 

She blushed till all her face as red as she went on to him and held his hands. I noticed him wince but continue to smile at her. 

Was he in pain? 

"Oh dear. I never thought you would actually ever see me as someone you can call mom," she added her fake dramatic sniffles. 

"Oh no, the wedding is so near and I love your daughter so much besides what is tying our families together," he was hinting at the debt that got us engaged in the first place. 

"Oh dear. We are so blessed to have you. I'll go get her a change of clothes, and a vase for this flower," mom walked to me and took the flower bouquet from my hand. 

"I didn't even get to sniff them!" I protested but she eyed me and smiled at Shawn. 

"Chloe looks good in anything and I'm sure she's starving. If she's okay with it," he closed the distance between us and held my hand, "I don't mind if we leave now I've booked us a spot at Breakfast Hub," his eyes didn't leave mine as he spoke. 

What was he hinting at this time? 

"Breakfast Hub? You mean the same Breakfast Hub that only the one percent of the one percent in America can eat in? The same one the famous third heir of the top jewelry conglomerate proposed to his wife?" 

"Yes that, although I didn't have to wait weeks to book it, my dad is one of the shareholders there so..." 

"Oh my goodness! Chloe, you should find yourself really lucky to have someone like young master Shawn looking after you. I must have saved the world in my past life to have this much goodness happen to me." Mom was full of praises and selfishness as she continued to push me to him. 

I looked up the stairs for any signs of Jayden. He had insisted on staying back because he couldn't bear to see me go with him, but I wanted to see him before I left the house. 

I sighed resignedly. He's as stubborn as ever. 

"I'm doing this to prove my sincerity to your daughter. I hope that one day, she can look at me back the same way."

"Oh dear. She is already looking at you, am I right, Chloe?" Mom had a stern look on her face. I just wanted to leave because I knew that day would never come.

"Let's go," I held Shawn's hand and led the way out, but just as soon as the door was closed behind us, I heard Jayden's voice. 

"I'm sorry I think I forgot something," I turned back, ready to push the door in but Shawn held me by my waist. 

"I have your bag with me, let's go. I'm starving." 

I gave up so as not to draw attention on Jayden. It was enough that he hit him twice already.

*****

"What was that all about?" I asked as soon as we got into the back of his Audi R8. 

"Breakfast. I want to have you for breakfast," he got in beside me, but I wanted to believe that I had heard wrong. 

"Have me for breakfast? What do you mean?" 

"What? I said that?" He looked shy now, "I must have blurted out my mind without thinking." He inserted a nervous chuckle and exhaled. 

"Oh." 

"Yes, so what would you like for breakfast. The Breakfast Hub is known for its fresh bakeries and Gourmet Omelette," he explained. 

"Anything is fine honestly, as long as it's good," I replied not feeling the conversation and waiting for when he would snap and return to his usual hotheaded selfish self. 

"Hmm okay then. I'll leave you to choose when we get there," he said and the rest of the ride was awkward and uncomfortable, making me miss Jayden. 

"We are here, wait a minute," he got out of the car in a hurry and was outside my side of the door in no time. 

"Shawn," I was surprised and cautious at the same time, "what are you up to? You're scaring me with this kindness," I muttered as I looked around for any hidden cameras or the sign of an ambush. 

"Come on Chloe, it was my fault for being a scumbag and giving you this much trauma. But I promise that from now on, I will show you what true love is. We are going to get married after all," he helped me out of the back of the car without letting go of my hand, "we are soon to be wed." He completed his sentence and I got a sour look on my face immediately. 

"Why did you have to remind me about that?" I couldn't help but pout. 

"To take note of your reaction now and before the end of the month." 

"What's the deal? That's just two weeks away," I pointed out as we were led in an exclusive part of the six star rated restaurant.

"Yes, and within these two weeks, I'll show you how sincerely in love with you I am."

"Whoa. What's gotten into you? Jesus!" I rolled my eyes and took my seat. 

"Love, ever since that kiss in the room, Chloe I haven't been able to stop thinking of you. It's like you've cast a spell of love on me." 

"That's a dream that would never come to pass."