The Story, Part 21, Cut and Run

I grimaced as my wound started to sting, and bleed more. Just covering it was doing nothing now, but Wrecker was always tough. And I always waited. I was quick, cooperative, and patient; all good qualities with medicine.

As soon as Wrecker was finished, he and Omega beyond running around wildly, searching every corner of the ship. I chuckled, this was something I did when I first came to the bad batch.

I felt a twinge of jealousy, like I was being replaced, but I forced the feeling away. Omega was an actual kid, meaning she had never experienced this before.

"Now for you," Tech knelt in front of me, and examined my arm.

I smiled, "I can do this on my own you know."

He arched one eyebrow and smiled. I let him dress my wound, and I helped a little.

Apparently, we were going to find a clone deserter that the bad batch had known. I did not really trust this character, but I also had never met him. He seemed like an honest character, because he was a farmer, with a wife, and two kids.

"Hey Y/n?" Omega tugged on my shirt.

I looked down at her and cocked my head to the side.

"I was just wondering..." she scratched the back of her head, "what else can you do?"

I laughed, "a lot of things."

"Like... What?" She gave me a curious expression.

I concentrated, I felt the curiosity humming in Omega's mind; I made sure she could feel it too.

"Woah..." her eyes glistened, "is that you in my mind?"

I smiled and nodded at the warm feeling she gave me, "yeah. Feeling the type of energy your mind is giving."

"What's it like?!" She excitedly looked at me.

"Like a quiet and warm humming. Thumbing with curiosity, and seething with rage. Sagging in sadness, and spiking in stress or pressure. Nearly silent when far, loud and boisterous when excited..."  I mused, "depends on the emotion."

"But can you read minds?" She seemed a little worried.

I chuckled, "no, but we can have a telepathic conversation."

"Awesome!" Her eyes lit up again.

(Omega's POV)

I asked her all kinds of questions, and she gave me all kinds of answers. Showing and demonstrating when necessary, and explaining when needed.

"Y/n..." I looked up at her.

She looked down at me, and knelt beside me. I gave her a longing expression, which she thankfully knew what it meant. She sat down on the ground, and offered for me to sit in between her legs.

"Y/n... When I saw you transform... It was kind of scary..." I explained, she listened intently, "I wasn't ready to meet you, but I misjudged you, you're amazing!"

She smiled, and as if to prove what I had said was true, she summoned different types of creatures. Though I had not seen them in person, I knew some of the things. Butterflies, and flowers. Things I dreamed of, and was told about occasionally by Nala Se, and a beautiful sky. They all came to life by her hand, 3D depictions of the real things.

I caught Tech peeking in on what we are doing a few times. He seemed to smile at the 3D objects, but I knew what he was really smiling at. Y/n did not see it, but Tech was smiling at her. I had only been here for a few hours, and already I knew what was between y/n and Tech. I started wondering when they would find out.

(Standard POV)

I took a strange satisfaction in seeing Omega light up from the projections. Even Wrecker seemed amused by them; which did not surprise me. Further to my amusement, Wrecker and Omega soon fell asleep. I carefully picked Omega up, and moved her to Wrecker. They looked good together. So peaceful, so quiet...

"Searching the Ship's every corner must've finally tuckered them out," Hunter walked in.

Tech was beside him this time.

I stood up, and walked over to my rack. I jumped up to a place on the ship, a corner that stuck out just enough for me to lie on. I had to lie on my side, but it was fine with me. I saw Tech and Hunter whisper something, but I was not paying attention.

I pulled out a picture of my little sibling; Omega easily reminded me of them. Tears weld up in my eyes, I sighed, and I pulled my hood up over my head. I snuggled into my hoodie, and up against the cold metal of the ship.

"We will be arriving at our destination soon," Tech informed me from the other room.

I looked in that direction, and jumped down from my spot. I headed into the cockpit, and sat down in the copilot seat. Tech nodded in acknowledgment of my presence, but remained silent. I tightened my lip, and started pressing buttons; we would be coming out of hyperspace now.

We pulled the ship out of hyperspace, and in orbit of a nearby planet. We landed relatively quickly and smoothly for our typical landings. Much cleaner than Wrecker's attempted landings.

We started to get out of the ship, but I stopped. The rest of the squad stopped with me, but Omega pushed passed me, kicking dirt around.

She picked some up, "woah!" She squished it in her hands, "what is this?!"

"That would be dirt," Tech nodded to her.

The squad pushed passed me, but stopped when I was not following. They nodded to me, and I nodded back, puzzling Omega. I strode back into the ship, and began waiting in the cockpit.

(Y/n) and the Bad Batchजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें