The Story Part 9

A keeradack sat on top of our ship, with a politely rider. A few circled overhead; we didn't have many options.

"Hey! Got off of there!" Wrecker yelled, pointing at the Poltek.

I flew up and lunged at Anakin, swooping down, and picking him up in its deadly claws.

"Oh it got off alright!" I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up y/n!" Rex roared as he watched Anakin leave.

"Crosshair!" Hunter ordered, getting back in topic.

"Eight steps ahead..." he steadied his rifle using Tech's shoulder, and fired a cable that tied around the keeradack's leg.

"Where are you going?" Rex asked, alarmed.

"For a ride." Hunter said in a b@d@$$ way and held onto the cable as the keeradack continued to fly.

"All we have to do is wait!" I shrugged at Rex.

"We can't wait, Echo needs us and General Skywalker might need us too!" Rex rambled.

"Rex, we can do nothing until we get coordinates." I grabbed his shoulders.

He looked like he was going to make a comeback, but he kept his mouth shut. We didn't have to wait long for Hunter to report back with coordinates. We didn't take long to get there either. We arrived at the Poltek village, got a read on Anakin's location, and made well thought out plans to get him out. Communication would have been a problem if I hadn't spoke the language, and Tech translated. He seemed relatively happy with my abilities, especially when ours overlapped. He didn't show it like everyone did too, and neither did I. We ended up getting guided to the Techno Union, a pleasant bonus for showing off skills.

Infiltrating was not much of a problem either, provided that we already had some conflict and no sense of stealth. At least Wrecker didn't. The Bad Batch didn't seem to care, only Anakin and Rex did. I couldn't have cared less, chaos is my best friend anyway. Finding Echo proved more challenging, especially considering we were under heavy fire for the whole operation. We devised a plan: while everyone else defense the entrance, Tech, Rex, and I would go retrieve Echo. That didn't prove difficult, Tech and I were working together after all.

We were pinned down in a room, with a highly immobile Echo; who found a way out for us. With Wrecker's strength, reaching the ceiling wasn't a problem. Escaping was another problem, heading towards our original destination seemed unlikely, considering that we were surrounded on all sides by droids.

"Anyone got a brilliant idea?" Anakin asked, deflecting a blaster shot.

"I do have a brilliant idea!" Tech responded, looking at his recordings.

I couldn't help laughing a little, "why the kriff did you record this thing?" I pointed to one of the sounds.

He frowned at me and continue scrolling. "When we encountered the keeradacks I recorded their distress call.

"Records everything, it's a hobby." Hunter nodded to him, though he quickly put his hand over his ears.

That sound was fairly awful, but I didn't care much, it was an animal sound after all.

"That is our ride out of here!" He pointed his blaster down at the circling Keeradacks.

"How exactly do we get on them?" Anakin asked him.

"How else? We jump!" He cocked his head to the side slightly.

The reactions he got were priceless.

"I'll go- y/n!" Anakin began, I pushed in front of him.

I leapt off the pipe, flipped in the air, and landed soundly on a keeradack. He trilled upon my arrival, and went up to get Anakin, who jumped on behind me.We sped off to our ship, but it appears we would have to pass over the Poltek village.

"We have to shake em before we get to the Poltek's!" I shouted, looking back at a droid.

I kicked it, sending it spiraling downwards.

"Yeah, but how do we steer this thing?" Anakin yells in frustration.

"You don't steer it, it steers itself. It doesn't want to get hit by the blaster shots either!" I roared, earning an approving trill from the keeradack, "but if you really must know how to steer..."

I urged the keeradack to do all kinds of tricks, loop-the-loops, barrel rolls, dives, all different kinds of tricks.

"I see your point." Anakin smiled at me.

"Y/n's always had a connection with animals." Rex explained to the bad batch, who didn't look entirely surprised.

"I think we lost them." Anakin sounded.

Of course we had not, a droid came up from behind Hunter. It tried to hit Hunter, but it ended up launching Tech off the keeradack. He ended up dangling there on its leg.

"This is not an ideal situation!" He yelled.

"D@mn droids..." I mumbled under my breath.

Here goes my cover, I'm risking everything for a clone, like usual. No clone was going to fall to his death on my watch. In this case I don't really care what Anakin would say. I rolled my shoulders, and flexed my neck, turning my head from side to side. I slid off the keeradack, earning a startled call from Anakin. I transformed when I was below the clouds. It had been a while since I had been in this form, it felt amazing. I drew myself back, calculating Tech's approximate location. I slowly ascended above the clouds.

"Boo." I smiled at him, he jumped and glanced at me.

"Y/n?" He asked uncertainly.

"Yep, let go!" I smiled again.

He hesitated at first, but eventually let go. He carefully eased himself into a comfortable position between my dorsal and my second dorsal fin. That was the most ideal position for anyone, and most comfortable.

"This is your secret?" He half whispered.

"Yeah..." I responded sheepishly, flying underneath Hunter's Keeradack.

"This is technically an amazing scientific feat of genetic modification." Tech pointed his index finger at the sky.

"I never thought of it that way... But sure..." I looked down, I frowned at the clouds below.