The Story Part 13, Kaller

We were fighting a battle on Kaller; a standard clone wars battle. This time however, we met a little Jedi named Caleb.

"I need your help! Please!" He pleaded to us.

"What is it kid?" Hunter knelt down.

"My master needs reinforcements, they're pinned in a bunker, just below this ridge." He pointed eastward of our location.

"Alright! Wrecker, rockslide, y/n, no magic this time." Hunter ordered.

I nodded, and followed him to the battle sight.

"Y/n, execute ten." Hunter ordered before he entered the battle.

Ten means only unarmed combat; only unarmed strikes. He's no fun. We fought off the droid menace easily, and currently we were talking to Jedi Master Deba Bilaba.

"We may not have to launch another offensive," Tech brought up, "clone intelligence reports that Jedi General Obi Wan Kenobi has engaged General Grevious on Utapau."

"What does that mean?" Wrecker turned to him.

I folded my arms, "it means the clone wars could soon be over."

"Well, it's not over yet. Launch the counterattack." Deba responded, motioning to her captain.

"Master, may I go with them?" Caleb asked.

"Are you sure kid? We move fast." Hunter said in a manner that suggested he liked Caleb.

"Please, that's the way I like it." Caleb shrugged.

"Ha! I like this kid!" Wrecker exclaimed.

Crosshair, Echo, Tech, and I ran ahead. Hunter stated behind to give a salute to the Jedi Master. However, on the way there the clones turned on their general and executed her. I skidded to a stop with Caleb, and stared as Jedi Master Deba died. My heart pounded when she instructed Caleb to run. Hunter, Tech, Wrecker, Echo, and Crosshair appeared to be talking about this. Something about order 66. The number that would haunt me forever.

They ran back to us, blasters out.

"Stay away from me!" Caleb screamed, pointing his lightsaber at them for a moment, then running away.

I panted, and took a step back.

"Wait! Kid Wait!" Hunter screamed, watching him leave.

My heart rate rose, and I took another step back.

"Y/n?" Tech asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Don't! Touch me..." I snarled, and ran.

What the heck just happened? What's going on?

(No one's POV)

"Crosshair, you and I will go after the kid. Echo, talk to the reg commander, see what you kind find out about this. Tech, go after y/n, and bring her back. Wrecker, stall anyone who tries to follow us." Hunter ordered as he and Crosshair ran off.

Wrecker, Tech, and Echo nodded to each other before they split up. Tech chased after Y/n into the trees until he managed to get her into a corner.

(Back to standard POV)

I heaved and pressed myself against a rock. Tech rounded the corner and began to walk slowly. He had put his blasters away, and he held up his hands.

"Stay away from me!" I shouted, but I could go nowhere.

Tech advanced on me, "easy y/n."

I flinched when he got within the three-feet range.

"I am just as uncertain as you about what's going on now." He explained quickly.

I knew in my heart that I shook not have ran away, but what I saw...

"Can I be sure?" I asked him tentatively.

He nodded, stopped walking, but kept his hands up. I sighed, and walked towards him.

"I apologize for running away," I looked down, "I should've known better."

"You did what was most logical to you at the time," Tech shook his head and joined my side.

Was he... Comforting me? I smiled at him, he gave me a peculiar look in return. Was he... blushing?

"But we need a plan now, where to?" I asked looking at his data pad.

"We're going to meet Hunter at the ship," Tech explained with his hand, "but I assume that a presence of clones will be in our way."

I nodded, and we both made our way to the edge of the forest; where we heard a patrol speaking.

"Yeah, that's right."
"So, why are we still here?"
"What do you mean, trooper?"
"The kid is dead, so what are we doing here?"
"You know that one soldier? Y/n?"
"Yeah?"
"She's still alive, and she needs to be executed."

"That's not comforting," I whispered to Tech.

"We need to make it seem like you have been terminated." Tech thought aloud.

I thought hard, "if we can get to a data console, then we can fake it. You can log my execution."

"Yes, I can do that," Tech nodded to me, "but we need to find one."

I stared off into the distance, the sparkling snow blinding my gaze. Until, I thought of something.

"We may not have to..." I said slowly, "we do have a data console right here."

"I may be able to work something out, let me see." He began typing on his data pad voraciously.

"Hmm...," Tech mused as he pulled something up, "ah, I can change your status from here."

I shrugged, "lucky guess."

He gave me an annoyed glance, "your status is now terminated."

"Okay, let's see if it worked!" I whispered, turning my attention back to the regs.

"Oh, I guess y/n has been terminated."
"That quickly?"
"Yep, just received the info."
"Let's get off this planet."
"Affirmative."

They ran towards their ship, leaving the way to the Marauder clean, and open. I smirked at Tech, and we both made our way to the ship.