The Story Part 8

"Well, for starters he... Um..." I stuttered and facepalmed. "D@mn, okay." I mumbled under my breath. "As you can see this is my favorite part of the conversation." I earned a few quiet chuckles.

"Well, here goes nothing." I sighed, "obviously Vial thought the best way to punish someone was to experiment on me. It's super freaky, I have... Inhumane abilities."

"Such as, your power over healing?" Tech asked, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

"Yep, along with many other things that I would show but I feel like that would defeat the purpose of a secret. Please don't say anything, especially to Rex and Anakin." I said in a high pitched voice.

"Lips are sealed y/n." Hunter responded reassuringly.

"I, can transform into a creature, a combination of three animals really. Super weird, part wolf, shark and somehow bird... cause I've got wings."  I shrugged, but I was shaking.

I waited for something to happen, for a while there was just silence. I hated that silence, if they were going to do what I knew they would do I would rather have it come. I braced when Hunter began to speak.

"So, you're kind of like us, enhanced?" Hunter looked at me with some kind of newfound interest.

"I... I've never thought of it like that... Sure." I stuttered.

"So you must use the art of studying and describing knowledge to mask these... abilities of yours?" Tech concluded.

"Yeah, but not everything, somethings you just need the study for. I can't do everything. I'm not immortal, and I can still die, or take damage. Or... loose people... anyway!" I said excitedly, then I shrank down, "you're not going to start hunting me are you?"

"I don't think so kid. You seem like I good person..." Hunter nodded his head slowly.

I sighed and steadied my heartbeat, that was scarily nerve racking. "That's a relief."

"Hmm... you haven't told anyone else... so you've been hiding who you really are... because the regs will kill you?" Hunter reasoned, giving me some kind of concerned look.

"Yeah, it's worth it though, I can oppose the separatists. I can fight alongside clones like yourself." I smiled, standing up to my full height.

"That sounds awful." Wrecker blurted, he had been silent for the entirety of the conversation.

I smiled, I wasn't used to sympathy.

"Yeah, I suppose, I do have to hide half of myself from everyone else. It's nothing new..." I brought the end of my mouth down.

"That sounds more like a problem than a secret." Crosshair sneered.

I tilted my head to the side quickly and brought it back up, "yeah, it kind of does." I said in an embarrassed tone, "by the way," I turned to Hunter, "I'm probably a decade older than you, even if we technically are the same age, so I'm not a kid to you."

He gave me a look that read, 'you sure act like one.'

"So you're super strong, right?" Wrecker asked.

"Yeah?" I frowned and lifted an eyebrow.

"How do you blend in with regs if you're like us?" Wrecker continued.

"I mean, I already stick out a lot, but I guess I'm a good actor." I shrugged.

"Y/n, if this feels like too much to keep up with, then you can just find us." Hunter replied.

"You'd willingly give me a home? Despite what I am?" I marveled.

"Yes, what exactly do you not understand?" Tech gave me a puzzled expression.

"Thank you so much! I could kiss you! But I won't... I could hug you! And I will!" I ran up to Hunter and embraced him, he was surprised, but he returned the embrace.

I let go of him and I laughed hysterically, "that was something else I suppose, but-".

Rex walked up to us and interrupted me, "sorry to interrupt, but we're ready. Don't let that kind of slacking happen again soldier."

"Won't let it happen again Captain." I said, swiping two fingers in a salute motion.

Rex patted my shoulder and went into the ship, I followed silently after him. We took off for Skako Minor once Anakin finished inspecting the ship.

"Guys, why did the queen go to the dentist?" I laughed.

"Not now y/n, your jokes aren't really that funny." Rex rolled his eyes.

I fake gasped, "how dare you accuse me of such accusations!" I started laughing and so did everyone else, "I-I'm aghast with your attitude!"

"Rex's right." Anakin said between laughs, "you're the one who we laugh at the most."

I fake pouted, "thanks that makes me feel so much better-woah!" The ship began shaking violently, "what the kriff Tech?"

"We're approaching Skako Minor, it looks to be a difficult landing!" He shouted from the cockpit.

"You don't say!" I frowned, adjusting my balance.

The seats were full, so I decided to brace myself against the roof of the ship.

"What are you doing y/n?" Anakin asked.

"I'm SpIdEr MaN!" I responded, adjusting my hair, I had a good grip, and the hum of the ship of strangely satisfying, that is until we hit an air-bump. "D@mn it!" I whispered as we landed, I ended up hitting my head.

"Haha we didn't explode!" I rejoiced, flipping down.

"Of course we didn't explode, I was helping." Wrecker spread his hands.

"And yet, we're still alive." Crosshair sneered back, looking at his rifle.

"Alright team, we've landed on Skako and we're ready for our rescue mission. We know that a small village, the inhabitants are the Polteks, they are... Fairly primitive." Anakin began debriefing, his debriefings were always like this.

"That's being kind, my intel says the Polteks worship flying reptiles." Tech responded.

Suddenly, there was a loud bang coming from the roof of the ship. A screeching sound came from outside.

"What was that?" Wrecker asked, alarmed.

"One of those reptiles." Tech pointed outside.

"I want that thing, off my ship!" Hunter ordered rushing outside.

"Wait-!" Anakin began, but the rest of the bad batch had already rushed to their leader.

I stayed behind purposely so I could shrug at Anakin and Rex and follow.