Book 3: 16

Saya pretended to accept the decision to enroll Seol in school under the condition that she could handpick her daughter's bodyguards. Taehyung arranged a rigorous selection procedure where candidates from all around the world could apply. Guided by Jungkook's prior instructions on the candidates, Saya conducted thorough interviews. To maintain impartiality and dispel any suspicion of bias, she enlisted Yoongi and Seokjin, two of Taehyung's most trusted associates, to accompany her throughout the process.

Yoongi's boredom was evident, frequently expressing disdain for what he perceived as a futile expenditure of time and energy. He argued that those already in service were competent enough, seeing any additional effort to find Seol's personal guards as pointless. However, Saya remained steadfast in her statement that the men appointed by Taehyung couldn't be relied upon, emphasizing that she couldn't leave her daughter in the hands of people she couldn't trust.

When the next candidate stepped into the room, Saya's heart quickened its pace, recognizing her as one of the individuals she had to make sure would be selected. With her blond hair neatly tied in a ponytail and dressed impeccably in a beige suit, the newcomer exuded an air of professionalism and refinement.

As the candidate settled into her seat, Saya couldn't help but notice a glint in Yoongi's eyes. Perhaps it was because she was the first female candidate, and not to mention stunningly beautiful from head to toe, which seemed to capture the attention of both Seokjin and Yoongi.

After the formal introduction, she was asked to give a brief introduction to herself.

"Hello, My name is Veronica Nova. I am originally from Avalon but have been living in Venessia for the past two years. Previously, I served in Avalon's Special Task Force for three years and prior to that, I worked as a Tactical Medic in the military for a year"

Both men appeared to be impressed by her portfolio, and truth be told, even though Saya was already acquainted with her background, the manner in which she presented herself instantly set her apart from the other candidates.

"Hi Veronica, I must say that I am really impressed by your past experience. However, I'm curious—what brings a soldier like yourself to a different country to apply for a bodyguard position?" Seokjin posed the first question.

Veronica gave a subtle smile and as her eyes moved to catch Saya's she spoke, "I had a fallout with my senior who failed to grasp the concept of 'no' when it came to his advances," she explained. "It resulted in my dismissal. To avoid any further complications, I decided to relocate to Venessia, my mother's birth country. "

Both men looked surprised by her honest response and Saya knew she didnt have to pull many strings to select the girl. Jungkook had mentioned that Veronica was exceptional, reassuring Saya that she had nothing to fret about. Now, as Veronica stood before her, Saya understood why.

Yoongi cleared his throat before inquiring, "So you are trained as a medic?" he repeated the info that was already delivered to him.

"Yes, I graduated from Kawasaki School of Medicine. My focus was in general medicine," came the reply.

"So why did you choose to join a special task force instead of pursuing a specialized medical career?" Saya interjected, aiming to maintain authenticity.

"I come from a military background, so it felt like a natural path for me," She offered as an explanation.

The interview was extended by another thirty minutes, and when the candidate left the room, Yoongi exhaled deeply with relief. "Finally, someone promising," he remarked.

Seokjin nodded in agreement, his gaze fixed on the tab displaying additional information about the girl. "She's the most impressive candidate we've seen so far."