Book 3: 15

Every master bedroom in the Kimeron mansion concealed a secret door leading to a passage, a gateway to a fortified safe room that offered sanctuary in times of crisis. It was a meticulously crafted security measure, designed to ensure the route to the safety should danger ever breach the mansion's walls. Jungkook, however, had guarded this knowledge closely in the past never disclosing its existence to Saya, fearing she would flee.

Saya was standing in front of the hidden door inside her walking closet afraid if she opened she would find him there. Just the thought of Jungkook restlessly waiting for her return twisted her heart in knots. As she finally summoned the courage to pull the door open, her heart hammered against her ribs with almost painful intensity pleading with her to turn back and spare herself the agony of what lay ahead.

And then she saw him.

Jungkook stood before her, a living testament to her torment

Jungkook stood before her, a living testament to her torment. His once vibrant demeanor was now marred by exhaustion, his eyes carrying the weight of sleepless nights spent longing for her. It struck her then, the depth of his devotion, the extent to which he would go just to catch a glimpse of her.

"Why?" Her voice wavered, barely audible.

"Why are you here?" She buried her face into her palm, letting out gut-wrenching sobs as guilt consumed her for causing him so much pain.

"I wanted to be here for you, in case you needed me," he whispered, his voice a soothing balm to her fractured soul.

She shook her head, a wave of frustration and concern washing over her. She wanted to scold him, to unleash the pent-up worry and fear that had been building inside her. Her lips parted, ready to reprimand him for continuously putting himself in danger, yet the words caught in her throat. She couldn't bring herself to add to his pain, not when he was already teetering on the edge of exhaustion and despair.

Despite Jungkook's repeated assurances that Taehyung wasn't aware of this specific concealed entrance, she couldn't shake the gnawing fear that lingered in the depths of her mind. Every creak of the floorboards, every whisper of the wind outside, sent shivers down her spine, reminding her of the looming threat of Taehyung discovering Jungkook lurking around the premises. And yet, Jungkook continued seeking for her going as far as waiting for her behind the door without moving an inch.

When Jungkook's hands reached out for her, she instinctively took a step back. Though Taehyung was out of the mansion she couldn't bring herself to risk being exposed.

"Please don't push me away" Jungkook choked noticing how distant Saya was. His heart clenched at the sight of her guarded demeanor, her walls rising higher with each passing day.

Saya's breath caught in her throat as she absorbed the silent plea in Jungkook's eyes, a plea that spoke volumes without a single word uttered. Unable to contain the yearning within her, she felt her emotions spill over like a dam breaking. With a sudden rush of emotion, she threw herself back into Jungkook's arms, her body trembling with sobs as she clutched onto his shirt desperately, seeking solace in his embrace.