Book 3: 12

The car ride home was shrouded in silence. Taehyung occasionally stole glances at Saya, trying to decipher the thoughts swirling in her mind. However, she intentionally maintained a solemn atmosphere by avoiding eye contact with him.  She feigned a sullen mood as if the talk about their shared history and reminiscence of her former fiance had driven her back to her shell. Upon their arrival, Saya promptly climbed down from the vehicle and strode away, leaving Taehyung behind. His scrutinizing eyes stirred a sense of unease within her and a fear lingered that he might find the truth she had carefully hidden underneath her facade.

She sought to evade any interaction that might betray her nervousness, thus keeping up with an act of pissed wife going to bed immediately was the best course of action. 

The moment she stepped inside the room Taehyung seized her arms and swiftly spun her to face him. His jaw tightened, his eyebrows arched, and it was clear he knew something was up.

Could he detect Jungkook's lingering touch on her? Could he discern her lover's scent clinging to her? The mere thought sent shivers down her spine. However, Saya didnt avert her eyes.  Another lesson she had learned from Taehyung was to exude confidence to the extent that the lies she uttered became her unwavering truth.

"I am not in a mood to entertain you today" she declared, her expression quickly shifting to one of disinterest.

"Did I push you again by talking about the first dance?"His eyes softened as he sensed the source of her growing bitterness.

"Of course not, You simply deepened my affection for you, evoking memories of my dead ex-fiancé..." she sassed, involuntarily flinching as she referred to Jungkook as deceased, though she knew he wasn't. It was necessary to maintain the pretense.

"....Who died because of you" she spat, wrenching her hand from his grasp. Her anger blazed fiercely as she glared at Taehyung, resentful that she had to endure pretending that the man she loved was deceased just to protect him from potential harm.

They stayed in silence for a moment. Only her heavy breathing as she tried to compose herself could be heard in the room. Her emotions churned within her, a tumultuous storm raging beneath the surface. The fear that her heart would betray her, its erratic beats echoing too loudly in the quiet, urged her to break the silence.

"Let's just call it a day, there is no point in arguing anyway " She was about to retreat to the bathroom when Taehyung blocked her path.

"I'm not here to argue with you, Saya. My intention is simply to encourage you to express your disappointments and feelings. I want to understand what you're going through, to have you confide in me and share your deepest thoughts, so that together we can comprehend each other's perspectives and find solutions." Saya regarded him with a skeptical expression. If it had been an ordinary person uttering those words, she might have believed them. However, the man standing before her was the same individual who orchestrated the death of hundreds of men merely to exert control over her life.

"We've been married for five years now, and these lingering conflicts and unspoken emotions will only fuel resentment. I want to rebuild the foundation of our relationship." He explained himself as he moved closer, gently resting his hand on her stomach.

"I want to bring our child into a happy and loving family" Taehyung smiled careesing her tummy and imagining his baby in her womb. His voice was so tender as he talked about the future that Saya had to snap herself back and remind her that he was the same monster that ruined her life.

Saya stepped back adding a distance between them as if his mentioning about the deal she had agreed to, struck her like a jolt of lightning. The wide range of emotion that was being displayed in her face told Taehyung that his words had an opposite effect than his intention.