Book 2:13

The bustling in Kimeron mansion was unlike ever seen. Every corner of the grand estate was adorned with lavish decoration, exuding an aura of sophistication and elegance. Magnificent sight of towering floral arrangements, overflowing with an assortment of fragrant blooms in vibrant hues. Elegant archways, entwined with ivy and cascading blooms framed pathways, strategically placed chandeliers; a masterpiece of crystal and precious metals, sparkled like a cascade of diamonds, captivating all who beheld its magnificence.

The lush greenery serves as a backdrop to elegant statues and intricate marble fountains that spew streams of crystal-clear water into ornate basins. Some musical fountains had their waters sparkling with gold and silver accents, dancing in harmony with the melodies of the celebration.

Every corner served as a stage for some grand performance, be it fire dancing or acrobatics, or even magic tricks. A separate area was designated for children including mini zoos with exotic animals to rides that could only be found in amusement parks.

The entire atmosphere offered an unparallel experience for those fortunate enough to step into its enchanting embrace. Illuminated pathways guide guests from one enchanting spot to another, revealing hidden corners adorned with intimate seating areas, where guests can steal quiet moments amidst the festivities.

Sitting in one of those seating areas, Jimin snatched a whiskey glass from a waiter as they passed by and swiftly downed its contents. Ignoring the searing sensation in his throat, he gulped down the harsh liquor, using it as a temporary balm for his anguish. He didn't deserve to feel hurt. He had no entitlement to feel betrayed, but he did. Despite comprehending the circumstances logically, his heart waged war. It violently pounded against his chest, pumping venom that burned his very essence.

Once in a while, he would catch the bride-to-be frolicking around in her designer ivory gown with a train; it has glitter on the skirt. The corset is made of glitter mesh fabric, draped, and fastened with a zipper, and lace. The sleeves are voluminous with a light transparent mesh fabric and with cuffs at the bottom. The dress is decorated with embroidered lace and additional embroidery. The glee on her face was unmatched surpassing even the brilliance of the crystal chandelier, as her eyes sparkle with delight.

It hurt him to see her happy with someone else. It hurt him more than it was his step-brother.

"The day just started and you are already wasted," Voice echoed from behind. "How are you planning to bear the rest of it?" Jimin turned to face his father's right hand. Yoongi gave him a disapproving look even though he himself was holding a glass of scotch with a rock.

Jimin sneered, the man's pale face with a lazy smirk hanging on the corner of his lips reminded him of the day when he had adorned a similar simper while he beat Diva up.

"You are still bitter about it," Yoongi shook his head at his pettiness.

"You do know I had no choice, right? it was the order from your father, " he reminded the boy plopping himself on the velvet cushion beside him.

"Rather than torturing yourself here, you should be with your mother, kid," Yoongi causally suggested, taking a sip of the liquor. "She misses you a lot," he added in a hopeful manner.

Besides being Damian's right hand, Yoongi was adopted brother to Jiah. At the age of eleven, while he was still a street thug, he encountered Jiah attempting to steal her wallet. Unaware of her true status, he committed a felony. Surprisingly, instead of punishing him, she offered him shelter and a job that eventually led him to become the right-hand man to the most influential person in the country. Yoongi also served as a mentor to Jimin, and their bond was like that of a close-knit family. Therefore, the pain he experienced was magnified when the person he deeply trusted and respected caused immense suffering to the woman he loved.