BOOK 2: 15

Next update vote 150, comment-> 50

*****

Soft morning light filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow on the room. Diva slowly opens her eyes and blinks a few times, trying to adjust to the brightness. She tried to sit up, but a sharp pain shoots through her hand. She winces again and looks around, her gaze falling upon the bandages wrapped around her wrist where the IV drip was attached to her. 

Memories of Jiha forcefully pushing her and Damian retaliating by slapping Jian in front of the guests surged back into her mind. A grimace formed on her face as she recollected the incident, particularly the part where Taehyung came to her aid, carrying her to the waiting medic team. Determined to cleanse herself of any lingering trace of his touch, she cautiously attempted to rise once more when her movement woke the guy sleeping beside her in their kind size bed maintaining a safe distance.

His reaction was slightly delayed but when it dawned on him that she had woken up, he jolted up to his straightened form and gently held her.

"Take it easy, ok" he reminded her and she nodded her head. She took a deep breath, bracing herself for the pain, and slowly pushes herself upright. Every movement was accompanied by a wince or a hiss of pain as she leaned against the bedrest.

Jungkook quickly retrieved the pain medication prescribed by the doctor the moment she regained consciousness. Filling a glass with juice, he approached her.

"You lost consciousness due to blood loss," he informed her, a tinge of concern in his voice.

"Where did you disappear?" she questioned and though it wasn't her intention, her words managed to bring intense guilt within him. If he hadn't left the party the accident could have been avoided. He was supposed to be beside her the entire night, he was supposed to protect her. 

But when one of his men came with the news that they had apprehended a hitman targetting Diva, he bolted away without considering how his absence could put her more in danger. The worst part was the hitman was contracted anonymously so no amount of torture brought him any closer to the person behind the assassination attempt. Yet, one fact remained certain - the individual who had hired the sniper six months prior was undoubtedly connected to this current threat.

"There was some urgent work that couldn't be ignored" Jungkook hide the truth not wanting to worry her in her frail state. 

Diva sensed that he was concealing the truth, but she chose not to press him further and quietly took the medicine. Deep down, she already had a hunch about the person responsible for the ruckus. 

The mere thought of him had fury coursing through her veins. That impudent man had the audacity to ruin her engagement party, leaving her wondering about his sinister intentions for her upcoming wedding. Determined to prevent any further disruptions, she resolved to revise her guest list, ensuring that the wedding would be an intimate affair with only those she could truly trust.

"I need to talk to Madam Jiha" she spoke after gulping down the medicine.

"For sure someone has been putting things on her head, I need to clear..."

"Diva" Jungkook interrupted gently placing his hand over hers.

Jungkook tried to articulate his thoughts but a deep sense of fear stopped him. The revelation could stir something within her and it could incline her back to that person. But one way or another she would find out. Pushing aside his fear, he reminded the oath he took in order to give Diva the life she deserved. Even if that meant letting her go to that person.

Jungkook took a deep breath, surrendering to the rawness of his feelings. He spoke without restraint, his words tumbling out in a rush.

"Jiah was found dead in her room this morning with a suicide note" He paused noticing how her breathing hitched for a second "Her funeral will be held next week" he added.

Diva's heart stopped for a moment as only one thought crossed her mind; Jimin. His entire world revolved around his mother. Every action he took, every breath he drew resonated with the unyielding devotion he held for her.  Losing his mother meant losing his reason to exist. 

It pained her deeply because of the helpless she felt for him. An overwhelming concern consumed her thoughts and the need to see him at once erupted within her.

Diva took Jungkook's hands in between hers and with a tender voice she expressed, " I need to go, okay? I need to be with him" his lips trembled due to the pain spreading like poison but he nodded his head agreeing with her.

Besides his mother, Diva was only the person Jimin truly considered as his family. In this time of grief, only her presence could bring Jimin some sort of solace and that couldn't be denied.  

Jungkook rose from his bed and approached her, extending a helping hand. Supporting her, he grasped the IV pole and accompanied her as they made their way toward Jimin's room. Before she knocked on the door she turned to her fiance. Just before she knocked on the door, she turned to her fiancé. She gently held onto his arm, lifting herself to meet his gaze, and planted a reassuring kiss on his lips.

"Wait for me okay?" she softly assured him, letting him know she'd come back to him. 

"Always" He whispered, promising to wait patiently.

With every step Jungkook took away from her, it was like stabbing himself in his chest. But just like she asked he would wait for her. Even if she would take years he would learn patience and give her as much time as she needed until she would return back to him.

Only after Jungkook was out of her sight, she exhaled deeply and place a soft knock on Jimin's door. In her coarse voice, she called his name out, and which had remained firmly shut ever since he received the news of his mother's passing, swung open immediately.

His eyes, once radiant and full of life, now carried the burden of weariness, looking swollen and puffy. The trails left by countless tears were evident, as they had cascaded down his face. The delicate skin surrounding his eyes seemed marked by the weight of sorrow as if it had imprinted itself onto their very flesh.

Jimin's trembling lips betrayed his emotions as he beheld the delicate girl at his doorstep. Despite his own fragile state, her presence stirred deeper anguish within him.

He had no idea where to begin with. Should he start by offering apologies for the pain inflicted upon her by his mother, should he express the profound anguish caused by his mother's selfish actions that affected him deeply? or  Should he thank her for her willingness to set aside their troubled past and be there for him during this time of sorrow?

Even in her final moments, his mother's focus remained solely on herself. She prioritized proving her own suffering as the greatest, rather than being there for her son. Till her last breath, all she saw was her own misery, leaving her son burdened with a life consumed by sorrow.

Diva gently brushed away his tears, attempting to conceal her own. She understood that no words she could utter would truly bring him comfort. 

With tender care, Jimin ushered her into his sanctuary, leading her gently to his bedside.  Once she settled down, knelt down beside her, cradling her head on her lap. In that vulnerable moment, his tears flowed freely, just like a child he unleashed a torrent of tears and surrendered to the depths of his raw emotions. For in that moment, neither he was Park Jimin nor was she his brother's fiance. They were just two individuals, whose once only source of solace was one another.

****
On celebration of Jungkook rele
releasing his new song Seven.

Did you guys see it??
the explicit version killed me

Whay does it feel soo much like HOM!!!!!!