Chapter 51: Truth or Shot

-Kyla's POV-

I swipe up on Evelyn's FaceTime and set up my phone on the dresser as I finish doing my makeup.

"Hey. Did you get my text?" Evelyn asks.

"Yeah," I say, quickly swiping up to the two shades of paint she sent me.

"I'm biased towards the blue, but Chris really wants the purple," Evelyn says.

I look between the two shades before saying, "Well, blue is my favorite color."

Chris comes into view behind Evelyn, "Come on, Kyla. I thought you'd be on my side."

"I'm sorry," I give an apologetic smile, "The purple is really pretty, too."

"Right? I would have loved to grow up with a purple bedroom," Chris says.

I look back at the colors and change my mind, "Wait, on second thought, I might like the purple more."

"Kylaaaaa," Evelyn groans, "This isn't helping. We needed you to decide or else we're going to be here for hours."

I feel bad as I laugh, "You know I'm indecisive. Both colors are good. Do you know who you should call? Talia. I know she'll have a strong opinion about it."

Evelyn's face lights up, "You're right. She loves this kind of stuff. I'll call her and let you know what she says."

"Good luck," I say as she hangs up the call.

I finish getting ready before walking into the hallway where I immediately smell burnt food. I have only been living with George and Arthur for two days and one of them is already trying to burn the place down.

"What is this?" I ask as I walk into the kitchen, seeing Arthur fanning the smoke detector so it doesn't go off.

"That," George starts as he walks into the room, "Is Arthur's sad attempt at making an omelet."

"You're kidding," I say, looking back at the burnt scraps of food, "How did it get that bad?"

Arthur slumps against the counter as he tosses the rag on the table, "I wasn't sure how long to cook them and I was scared of getting salmonella, so I kind of kept stirring them, and then I swear I turned around for like ten seconds and when I turned back, they looked like that."

George walks into the kitchen and picks up the egg carton on the counter, "It's probably a good thing you didn't eat them considering they expired two weeks ago."

Both mine and Arthur's face drop in disgust as George tosses the rest of the eggs in the trash.

"It's a wonder you guys are still alive," I say.

"Trust me, we know," George says, "Anyway, are you guys ready to go?"

"Yeah," I say, slipping on my shoes.

Arthur frowns and says, "I really wanted to eat before we went out. I'm going to be gone after one drink."

"I could eat, too. We'll stop for food at some point," I say, making Arthur's entire demeanor change.

As we walk down the streets of London, George says, "Oh shit, I forgot to tell you that we invited ArthurTV. We know this is supposed to be a roommate bonding experience, but Arthur is at our place every other day anyway."

I nod as we turn into a bar that's packed. It's actually a miracle that we find Arthur pretty quickly.

"Hey," Arthur smiles, "I just ordered us some shots. You guys can find a seat and I'll bring over the drinks."

We do as he says, finding a booth in the corner. I slide into the booth, with Arthur Hill sitting next to me and George across from me. Arthur joins us a minute later, carrying a tray of shots.

"Holy shit, Arthur. How many did you get?" Arthur Hill asks.

"They had a deal for 20," Arthur grins as he sits down next to George.

George places a shot in front of each of us before saying, "This seems like a perfect opportunity for truth or shot. A great way to get to know our new roomie."

"Oh no," I say, sitting up straight in my seat, "What do you want to know?"

George thinks for a moment before saying in the most serious tone I have ever heard, "Are you Team Edward or Team Jacob?"

I laugh, not expecting the question. "Definitely Edward."

George nods, "Me too."

"I'm personally a Team Jacob guy myself," Arthur Hill says.

"When the hell did you guys watch Twilight, and why the hell wasn't I invited?" Arthur asks, making us laugh.

"You're not culturally advanced enough for that kind of film," George says, making Arthur click his tongue.

I look between the guys before choosing ArthurTV and asking, "What's the last thing you Googled?"

Arthur checks his phone before his eyes widen and he quickly puts down his phone, "I can't answer that."

"What?" Arthur Hill laughs, "There's no way you'd rather take a shot than tell us."

Arthur jokingly tilts the shot in Arthur Hill's direction before drinking it.

"I'm so curious now," Arthur Hill says as Arthur shrugs and turns to ask George a question. We ask questions until we drink all of the shots. ArthurTV ended up taking the most amount of shots, which is evident by the fact that he won't stop aggressively poking George.

I actually learned a lot about the guys through the game, like how George has a crush on a girl that works on his podcast, how Arthur Hill has a crippling fear of insects, and how ArthurTV has a million siblings. They asked me a lot about living in America and what Harry is like as a boyfriend. I was lucky I got off pretty easy.

When we finish the game, Arthur Hill puts his head on the table and says, "I'm so tired."

"Arthur, you cannot be this drunk. You had like four of the shots," George says.

Arthur lifts his head, "I told you I needed to eat before we drank."

The idea of food suddenly catches my interest, "You know, I could really go for some pizza right now."

Even ArthurTV looks interested as he says, "There's an amazing pizza place not too far from here. It should still be open."

In seconds, we're grabbing our stuff and leaving the bar. You would have thought by the way Arthur Hill is walking down the street that he took all 20 shots by himself. He also won't stop singing Party in the U.S.A. by Miley Cyrus, which we all end up singing.

When we get to the pizza place, we order two large pizzas and George buys us all a beer. The pizza comes out minutes later, and everyone grabs a slice even though it's still extremely hot. I have absolutely no idea how I'm eating pizza and drinking beer in London with three guys I met only a few weeks ago, but I wouldn't change it for a second.