Chapter 42: crazy

-Evelyn's POV-

I hear the door open and see Chris's smile flatten when he sees me pacing the bedroom, "Hey...what's wrong?" he whispers walking over to me. He puts his hands on my shoulders as I try to stop myself from crying.

"I hate my job. I just...god, I hate it so much," I whisper as he pulls me into his arms. I try controlling my breathing as his hands run down the back of my head, "They call me all the time and I never have any free time even when I take off from work," I ramble as he listens to me rant.

"I know everyone has been saying this but you have to quit. When you talk to me about your job it drains you. You have a passion and you can't let this place ruin that," he tells me, "And I know what you're going to say but why can't you quit?" he asks making me stumble over my own words. I sit on the edge of the bed as he squats down in front of me.

"I need money...I have been there for almost eight years...." I tell him trying to think of more reasons. He gives me a small smile as he grabs my hands.

"Will you lot hurry up?" Harry yells making us both laugh as he reaches up and wipes the tears away. The girls yell back for us to take out time sounding disgusted at the food.

"I hate ruining our time together," I whisper as she shakes his head.

"I love spending time with you but I understand that work is important," he says standing up. He holds his hands out and I take them before stopping us.

"Am I going to die tonight if I eat this?" I ask but he just spins me round and forces me to walk out. I sit down at my seat and look at the thing in front of me, "Now what in the hell is this?" I ask horrified.

-

"Thanks for coming," Chris says as he pulls Kyla in for a hug. She laughs at how formal he sounds before hugging me.

"See you guys tomorrow. Thanks for having me," she says as Chris pushes her out. He turns to me and rests his head on my shoulder as I smile.

"I'm so ready for bed," I tell him as we start cleaning up the dining table, "Tonight was fun. I've missed the girls and Faith is so cool," I say as I grab the final empty wine glass.

"She's the perfect match for Ethan. I was shocked how well you guys got on," He states as he starts loading the dishwasher, "I was thinking a lot about tonight and how fun it was," he says making me look at him weirdly at the way he said it.

"What about it in particular?" I ask leaning against the counter.

"About how nice it would be if you guys stayed in London," He says as I laugh, "Seriously, I need an editor and a photographer," he says making me laugh harder.

"I can't just move to London to work for my boyfriend. As much fun as that sounds it's crazy," I tell him walking to the table.

"It's not that crazy. You need a job and I know it's your dream to move here. Why not take the chance?" he asks making me stop what I'm doing.

"I would love to but what about our family and friends in America?" I ask.

"They can visit and you can visit. I texted George, Arthur, and Hill about it and they said they would hire you too. You know how we are planning to move in together in a couple of months. You could move in with us and share my room with me," he says as if he spent all night planning it out.

"Christopher...this isn't normal. What if we break up? We aren't the most stable couple," I point out.

"I love you and I know we can make this work. Harry is asking Kyla about it later tonight when they get to his flat," he says making me widen my eyes. He walks closer and takes my hands looking me in the eyes, "You couldn't name me good reasons to stay at your job. You love it here. You miss Talia, Simon, Freya, and Harry when you're back in the States. You could get an apartment with Kyla if you're worried about moving in," he says making me speechless.

"I love you too but I mean uprooting my life halfway across the world is terrifying," I whisper as his eyes soften. It's like I'm holding onto his life right now with the way he is looking at me.

"You don't have to make a decision tonight but think about it," he says as I contemplate it. I have to talk to Kyla about it tomorrow. How did I get so lucky with him?