Chapter 35: Halloween

-Kyla's POV-

"I can't tell who's more nervous at this point, you or me," Evelyn says as she fixes her lip gloss.

"I wasn't nervous at all until today," I say, pacing around Chip's apartment, "But I'm also really excited. And feeling like I could throw up. But mainly excited."

"Harry is going to lose his mind, he'll be so happy. Do you think he suspects anything?"

"I don't think so. At least he hasn't said anything to me," I say, as I adjust the Ghostface mask that's resting on my neck. Evelyn fully turns around and I look at her costume.

"If Chris doesn't take you home tonight, I will," I joke.

Evelyn laughs as Chip barges into the room.

"I need serious help. Can one of you guys get this wig to stay on my head?" Chip asks as he almost trips over my shoes. Evelyn and I burst out laughing as we take in his outfit. He is dressed up as Roller Skating Barbie, and he currently has a blonde wig half secured on his head.

"Sit down. I'll fix it," I say as I go to my bag to grab some bobby pins.

"Are you actually going to wear those shoes all night?" Evelyn asks, referring to the skates on Chip's feet.

"I have to. Only a true Barbie would," Chip says as he plays with the ends of his blonde hair. I walk back over to him and adjust the wig. He starts swinging his feet off the side of the bed which messes me up.

"Stop fidgeting," I lightly scold him as I put the bobby pins in place, "You're like a 5 year old."

"I don't know how Hannah Montana wore wigs for all those years," Chip deeply sighs, as if he seriously felt bad for her in that moment, "They're so uncomfortable."

"Luckily for you, you only have to wear it for one night," I say, backing away from him, "There. You look perfect."

"Gosh, Kyla. Stop flirting with me," Chip says as he stands up.

"In your dreams, Barbie." I check the time on my phone and ask, "Is everyone ready to go?"

"Not in the slightest," Evelyn says as she smooths out her shirt, "But let's go."

"Tonight will be so fun," Chip says as he orders an Uber. Twenty minutes later, we're pulling up to a huge house with an insane amount of Halloween decorations surrounding it.

"This is Simon and Talia's place?" I ask.

"In all it's glory," Chip says as the car comes to a stop.

"This is the coolest house I have ever seen," Evelyn says. The three of us thank the driver before stepping out of the car. As we walk toward the front door, I quickly pull my mask up so no one can recognize me.

We're nearly to the door when Evelyn abruptly stops walking.

"You alright?" Chip asks.

Evelyn takes a step backward and holds her stomach like she's going to hurl. "So uh, funny story guys. I can't go in."

"Yes, you can," I reply, but she instantly shakes her head.

"Come on, Eve. Halloween is your favorite holiday," I say, "You were also so excited about today."

"I was. But now that I'm here, I'm telling you. I can't do it. I can't go in," Evelyn says.

Chip walks over to her and throws an arm over her shoulder, "You can do this. If it makes you feel better, Chris is running late. So you're actually more likely to run in to him out here than in there."