Chapter 40: work

-Evelyn's POV-

"You fucking bitch," I whisper as Chris and Harry walk to another aisle. She starts smiling like a madman as I cling to her arm for details, "I can't believe Harry swept you off to Paris," I say in shock. I grab a bag of chips that look interesting as the guys come walking down the other end of the aisle.

"Our boyfriends are kind of hot," She says as we both obviously check them out. The two guys have smirks on their faces as we whisper about them, "Not just hot...but British," she adds making me laugh.

"You guys ready?" Chris asks walking over with their basket full of candy, "Oh no way," he says holding up the same bag of chips I grabbed. I smile before putting mine back as Kyla and Harry lead the way to the registers. I hold onto his hand as he wraps his arm around my shoulders, "Excited about tonight?" He asks.

"This is my dream. Kyla and I have been dreaming of having a double date with hot guys all our life. But I guess you two will have to work," I tease making him pull away with an offended look on his face.

"You're punching in this relationship," he says walking away with a smirk on his face. I gasp and chase after him almost dropping my basket when I run into Harry. I turn to them leaving Chris to pay and put my hand on my hip.

"Who is punching me or Chris?" I ask looking between the two. Harry looks at Kyla before walking away making her laugh as she puts her hands on my shoulders.

"This might be hard to hear," She says making me widen my eyes as her smile grows, "I'm kidding....kind of".

"I hate all of you," I grumble as I start checking out the items in our basket. Harry tries to pay but I quickly stop him and get my card in the reader faster. Tonight we have a little couples movie night planned. We all got to Chris's apartment and realized he had no snacks or anything other than ketchup. This small trip to the corner store has turned into a mukbang of all the snacks Kyla and I never had. Both of them were very disappointed to know we never heard of their favorites let alone eaten them.

We get back to his flat twenty minutes later. Kyla and Harry have already gotten comfortable on the couch as Chris and I unloaded our little haul, "What should we try first?" I ask sitting down for what feels like the first time today.

We let the guys decide and right when Chris sets up the movie my phone starts ringing. I quickly take it out of my pocket and apologize as I go into his bedroom. It's hard not to notice the look on Chris's face. I swear I have gotten at least three phone calls an hour since I've been here.

I jump when Chris walks into his room after a little while. He sees me still on the phone and leans against the door frame as I stand up from his bed, "Okay...I have to go. Just do what we talked about and when I get back we can finalize everything," I tell them as I run a stressed hand through my hair. It takes another two minutes to get them off the phone. When I hang up I see the time and my heart drops, "I have not been in here for an hour," I whisper as I throw my phone onto the bed. I look at Chris's disappointment and quickly walk over to him.

"I'm so sorry," I tell him as he leans down and gives me a quick kiss, "there was this whole crisis and," I say trying to explain but he cuts me off with another kiss.

"I get it. It sucks but I get it. Kyla and Harry left to pick up some pizza. They are hoping we can continue the night after they get back," he says as I drop my head onto his shoulder. We walk back to the living room and I see the snacks thrown about the table. None of them have been opened which makes me want to cry a little bit, "Kyla had to tackle Harry to stop him from opening the chocolates," he says making me laugh.

"I love you," I giggle before I realize what I just said. I turn to him and his eyes are looking at me to make sure he heard what I just said, "I mean like I love you guys...like friends," I ramble as the smirk on his lips arches up.

"Love?" He asks walking closer, "Kind of serious, no?" He asks as he rests his hand on my waist.

"Don't mess with me," I joke as I poke his chest.

"I didn't think chocolates were the key to your heart," he says as I go to walk away. He pulls me back in and peppers kisses on my cheek.

"Stop it. I'm already embarrassed," I squirm as the door opens to the flat. Chris wraps his arms around me and tells them that I told him I loved him.

"Oh shit, you told him?" Kyla asks making me panic. Chris turns to me and drops his arms, "I'm so confused," she says making Harry laugh.

"You were serious you gremlin," he says as I grab a pillow and wack him over the head with it, "Evie's in love with me," he says jumping onto the couch to grab another pillow. It smacks into the side of my head as I jump up next to him to shut his mouth.

"Nuh uh"

"Chris and Evie sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G," Harry sings as Chris starts laughing aggressively.

"This is not how I thought tonight would go," Kyla says as Chris throws his pillow at her, "THATS IT," she yells coming over to attack him. She hits him from the right as I hit from the left as Harry just happily bounces on the second couch.

"WHY AM I BEING GANGED UP ON?" He yells running away. I turn to Kyla and she runs as I chase after her.

"WHY DID YOU TELL HIM?" I yell as she stands on the opposite side of the kitchen.

"HE SAID YOU TOLD HIM"

"IN A JOKING WAY"

"HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?"
She asks as Harry walks in with Chris on his back, "Okay, what is this?" She asks making the four of us laugh.

"His tiny legs can't handle big distances," Harry jokes as Chris jumps down.

"Do you love me?" He asks walking over to me as the other two watch. I glance at Kyla and she tilts her head telling me to tell him.

"Ya know...love is complicated," I say trying to stall.

"Eve?" He says in a stern voice.

"Okay...I may or may not love you or whatever," I whisper with a small smile.

"How romantical," Harry says as Kyla pushes him out.

"How long have you felt this way?" He asks as I pick at my fingernails, "Cause for me it's been about a month or two," he says making me look up at him.

"Christopher Dixon loves me?" I tease as he throws a towel at me that is hanging over the stove.

"Can we go eat pizza and start the movie?" He asks as he holds his hand out.

"Fine...if you insist," I smile taking his hand. I jump up and smooch him as he drags me into the living room.