Chapter 8: Hangover Cure

-Kyla's POV-

Someone barges into the room, waking me up.

"Good morning, girls," I hear Talia say.

"Nuh-uh," Evelyn mumbles as she rolls over in the bed, "It's too early."

I begrudgingly open my eyes as Talia places a smoothie on my bedside table.

I force myself to slowly sit up as I ask, "What's this?"

"Simon's special hangover cure," Talia says.

"Should I be scared?" I ask as I pick up the brownish liquid.

"Not at all," She replies, "This thing is a lifesaver."

I take a small sip and my eyes widen at the surprisingly good taste.

"Good, right?" Talia laughs, "He puts a shit ton of peanut butter in there to mask the healthy stuff, but everything else in there will actually help you."

"It is really good. Remind me to thank him," I say and Evelyn nods sleepily as she drinks her own glass.

I pick up my phone and I nearly choke as I say, "It's already 1?"

"Yeah," Talia lightly laughs, "But don't worry, only a few of us are up. I was tasked with waking up the girls and Simon is currently trying to get the guys up. We're just sitting by the pool, so drink up and come down whenever."

"Thanks," Evelyn says, seeming more awake now. Once Talia leaves, I down the rest of the smoothie before standing up and walking to the bathroom. I grimace as I see myself in the mirror. I must have forgotten to take off my makeup last night. I spend the next few minutes washing my face and trying to look somewhat presentable before walking back to the room to grab a bikini.

"Am I losing it or is this drink actually helping?" Evelyn asks.

"No, it definitely did. I need to ask Simon what his secret is," I say as I pull out a scarlet bikini. Evelyn heads into the bathroom to get ready and by the time she comes out, I'm changed and applying sunscreen.

"I feel like I'm teetering on the edge of feeling like death and wanting to conquer the world," She says and I laugh.

"Four consecutive days of non-stop drinking will do that to you," I say. I grab my sunglasses and a book before the two of us finally make our way downstairs. The sun is hotter than I expected but it feels nice.

"That was quick," Talia grins, impressed with our fast transformation. Evelyn and I sit down on the tanning chairs next to Talia, and I'm shocked to see really no one else is awake. Freya, Josh, and Tobi are the only ones here, but I'm guessing Simon is still upstairs trying to wake up the guys. I read my book for a few minutes, but the sun is so strong I feel like I'm melting.

"I'm going to go for a swim," I say, putting my book and sunglasses down.

"I'll join you," Talia says.

I debate on walking into the pool through the steps, but Talia convinces me to jump in off the back wall. We jump in together and my body in completely submerged under water. I swim to the surface and push my hair out of my face.

"How is it?" Evelyn asks.

"The water feels amazing. You should come in," Talia grins as she swims over to the wall.

"I will," Evelyn promises, "Once I finish this chapter."

Talia and I start talking about the night before when I suddenly hear Evelyn scream. I whip around to see Simon and Harry picking her up.