Chapter 34: costume shopping

-Evelyn's POV-

"If you're winning your man back you should get this," she says holding up a sexy nurse costume.

Chip pops his head up over the costume rack and nods in agreement, "She's not wrong. Chris loves a good sexy nurse," he says as I roll my eyes.

"Tomorrow isn't about me winning back Chris. I want to see everyone. I miss Talia and Freya," I say for the hundredth time.

"But why not do both?" She says with a grin. She hands me three packages of costumes and tells me to pick one.

"So...hypothetically...what is Chris going as?" I ask looking at the elf, nurse, and cat costumes in my hand.

Chip pulls his phone out and starts scrolling through their group texts. Kyla jumps when her phone starts ringing and it's a call from Harry. She walks to a wall of costumes and answers. Chip is going to say something but I shake my head. The two of us walk to the other side of the store to look for the last accessory for his costume.

"How am I supposed to help you if you won't tell us what you're being?" I ask as I lean on the wall watching him.

He holds up a bloody axe and points it at me, "just stand there and look pretty. Or try your best," he says making me gasp while laughing.

"I miss Ibiza when you were nice to us," I frown.

"Would a mean man tell you what Chris is being for Halloween?" He asks making me glare at him as he continues looking at the shelves of props, "He's being a football player," he says making me skeptical.

"That's so lame he would never be that," I tell him as he just laughs and walks away, "Chip, I'll buy you lunch. Come on," I beg as I follow after him.

"Fine. He's being a cheerleader with our friends George and Arthur Hill," he says making me laugh.

"See now that makes sense," I tell him, "How am I supposed to match that?" I ask.

"You could be a footballer," he points out. That's not a terrible idea. A lame costume but in this case it's perfect. Either that or I'm an inflatable football.

"I'm so excited for tomorrow," Kyla says walking over with a big smile, "I also found my costume," she says holding up a Ghostface one.

"That's so cool," I tell her as the smile on her face grows, "I'm going to checkout. You guys ready?" She asks. I tell her 5 more minutes and quickly go back to the women's costumes. Why is everything either sexy, naughty, or hot. I pick up the sexy footballer and look it over. It's not terrible. I can't believe I'm doing this. He could see me and totally ignore me. He could be bringing someone?

"You okay?" Chip asks walking over, "Don't overthink it. It's a good idea and if the night turns to shit we can go to a pub," he says.

"Thanks Chippo," I smile walking to the registers. The quicker the day goes the more anxious I feel about tomorrow. I have so much time between now and then but I can't stop thinking about it. After we had lunch we all headed back to Chip's place. His apartment is so nice when I first walked in yesterday I was shocked it was his. I never would have thought he knew how to use a hammer and nail.

"What do you girlies want to do tonight?" He asks as we sit on his couch.

"Well for our London checklist. We went to a pub and that's it," I say laughing.

"I'm sorry but Harry keeps saying he wants to see all the touristy things with me for the first time," she says sinking into the couch.

"It's cute. Maybe Chip can be my tour guide," I say as he passes both of us a beer, "Or not. I can go on one of those guided bus tours and cry by myself"

"Or...now hear me out. Christopher Dixon"

"Are these jokes ever gonna die down or am I stuck with them for the rest of my life?" I ask.

They both look at each other and say forever making me pout. If only Chip was talking with a girl and I could make fun of him, "Tomorrow will be fun. It will be a nice surprise for everyone," Chip says.

"I can't wait to see Harry," Kyla says with a smile on her face, "and the others of course," she adds as Chip just nods his head unconvinced.

"When I first met you two I didn't realize how feral you were," he says as we both lose it.

"I'd argue but he's not wrong," Kyla says as I sip my beer with a smile.

"The three of us should stay up all night so that tomorrow comes slower and I don't have to exist," I offer up.

"Absolutely not. If I'm getting peppered tomorrow then I'm going to be now and not waking up until right before we leave," he says.

"I have to agree with him. This is your favorite holiday and right now you're freaking me out," she says.

"For real. I swear half your instagram page is pictures from previous halloweens," he points out.

"I'm being annoying. Do you care if I stay up and watch a movie?" I ask looking at Chip.

"As long as you come in after to cuddle," he says standing up as Kyla laughs, "Night ladies. It's still weird having two women in my flat," he says walking off.

"Good night. Don't overthink it. Tomorrow is going to be an amazing day," she says sounding extra enthusiastic. I wish she would spread the feeling.

"Night"