Chapter 23: Garlic Bread

-Kyla's POV-

We arrive back at the house and everyone is exhausted. We're covered in sand with frizzy hair and salty skin, but we would do it all over again. It was hard to convince Harry to get off the jet ski, and I think I could have easily been convinced to stay there all day.

As soon as we pile into the house, Talia says, "Okay. Listen up."

Everyone gives her their attention as she glances at her phone, "Right now, it's a little past 3pm. We're leaving for the bar crawl at 9 sharp. Shower. Eat. Sleep. Do whatever you need to so you're on your A-Game tonight, because every single one of you is going out tonight, and I'm not taking no for an answer. This holiday is almost over, and we're partying until the very end."

I think I could disintegrate right here right now with how tired I am, but I cheer with everyone else as she finishes her mini pep talk. People start splitting up, half going to take a nap by the pool, and the other half going to shower. I somehow get lucky enough to shower first since Talia, Simon, and Evelyn are all going to the pool.

I jog up the stairs and head straight for the shower. I turn the water on and step in, watching all the sand fall to the floor and down the drain. After a quick but refreshing shower, I get changed into comfy clothes and hop onto the bed to charge my phone.

I think I'm about thirty seconds from falling asleep when the door opens and Evelyn walks in to shower. Chris follows in shortly after her with new clothes and wet hair. He tells me that Harry is in the shower, and I say a quick thanks before grabbing my phone and charger and padding over to Harry's room.

The bedroom is empty, and I can hear the shower still running. I climb onto the bed, and plug in my phone again. While I wait, I decide to watch a Sidemen video. Evelyn and I had watched a video or two when Talia told us she was dating Simon, but I don't remember that much. I click on a random video from a year ago and smile as Harry is the one talking in the intro. It's wild watching the videos and actually knowing everyone now.

I'm halfway through a video when Harry walks out of the bathroom with grey sweatpants hanging low on his hips.

He's in the middle of running a towel through his wet hair, but he quickly stops moving as soon as he hears the audio, "Kyla. Please tell me you are not watching one of our videos."

I smile up at him and lamely say, "I'm not watching one of your videos."

He squints his eyes at my obvious lie, but then his eyebrows lift up, "Wait. You're not some secret superfan, are you?"

I let out a surprised laugh, "Dang. You caught me."

Harry shakes his head as he puts the towel down and hops in bed. He looks at what video it is before burying his face in the pillow.

"I hate seeing videos of myself," He mumbles into the pillow.

"I don't," I reply, laughing as he peeks up from the pillow, "If it makes you feel any better, I can show you crappy videos Evelyn and I made in college for my fine arts degree. I'm sure they're still on YouTube somewhere."

Harry fully sits up in one quick movement, "Well, now you have to show them to me."

"I will," I promise, "After I finish this video."

Harry begins to protest, but I hit play to stop him from complaining. He gives in as I turn onto my side. He lazily throws his arm over my waist as he moves forward to be the big spoon, and I hold my phone out for both of us to watch.

"It feels a bit conceited to be watching videos of myself," Harry whispers.

"It's not conceited. If I were you, I'd love to watch videos and relive memories I made with my best friends," I reply.