Chapter 21

We sat on the sofa on the side and started reading the book that I chose but I couldn't read it and my attention kept shifting towards him and the book as he was sitting so close to me

We sat on the sofa on the side and started reading the book that I chose but I couldn't read it and my attention kept shifting towards him and the book as he was sitting so close to me... after a while, we left the book cafe.

Then we went to watch a movie in the theatre. We were sitting next to each other and talking to each other when the movie started so we stopped talking. While watching I felt a hand suddenly touched mine... and I saw it was his hand.

He was watching the movie like nothing happened while I was feeling my ears and cheeks heat up for the first time. Moving my hand away would be way too awkward, so I just left it there. After almost an hour he got up and went somewhere and when he came back I saw a bucket of popcorn, and two Coca-Cola's.

He offered me those and we started eating while watching the movie and after it ended we went near his car and started walking around while talking and went to a park nearby. We were talking when two small kids came towards us...

Kid 1 & 2 - Hi, Massi

Anu - Hi Mary, Hi Kri. What are you two doing here?

Mary - Massi, we were playing here when we saw you and uncle.

Anu - Ravi, this is Maryam and this is Krish. They are twins and one of my friend's elder sister's children.

Ravi - Oh ok.

Anu - Where is your mom?

Kri - She is talking with Neetu Massi

Anu - Oh ok I am going to go meet them.

Ravi - Uh... I am also here?

Anu - Oh sorry... you come as well.

He made an annoyed face but still came with me while Maryam and Krish went back to playing with other kids.

Anu - Hi Neetu, Hi Di.

Neetu - Oh, hi Anu. How are you here?

Anu - Nothing I was just coming by and saw Mary and Kri so came to meet you guys as well.

Neetu Sis - Who is he though?

Anu - He is Aarav we are in the same class at Uni. Ravi, this is Navneet and this is her sister.

They talked with each other for a bit while Neetu kept looking at me and later she signaled me to come with her.

Anu - What is it Neetu?

Neetu - Why is he with you?

Anu - Cause... he is?

Neetu - Be careful... I don't want anything to repeat like last time.

I started thinking about what happened until she shook me.

Anu - Neetu, they don't know anything... Chill

Neetu - Hmm but be careful, I don't want anything to happen to you.

Anu - Ok now let's go they are looking this way like we are aliens.

With that we started laughing and went back to them.

Ravi - Anu, let's go it's almost time to drop you back home.

Anu - Yeah sure. Bye Neetu, bye Di.

Neetu - Don't forget to call me when you are at home. It has been so long since we talked.

Anu - Yesss I will.

Di - Bye guys.

Ravi - Bye everyone.

With that we walked to the kids, said bye to the kids as well and went walking back to the car in silence... a comfortable silence...

Ravi - What were you and Neetu talking about?

Anu - Since when did you start calling her Neetu? She doesn't like everyone calling her by her nickname.

Ravi - She allowed me to that's when. Now tell me what you guys were talking about.

Anu - Nothing she just had a gossip to tell me about one of our past classmate.

Ravi - Who?

Anu - Stop being a detective and drive to the university fast.

Ravi - Ok

Anu - Also... you should stop calling my brother a "chimpanzee".

Ravi - But he is a "chimpanzee"

Anu - True

Ravi - We reached.

I got down from the car while he also came behind me and dropped me off in front of the university.

Anu - Bye Ravi.

Ravi - I hope you enjoyed.

Anu - I did.

Ravi - I have to go now. Reach home safe. Bye.

Anu - Bye bye.

Saying that I left and he also went back to his car and started driving away while I reached home.

I had fun writing this, I hope you enjoy reading it as well. So, please make sure to comment and give suggestions of what I could have done better or give me a suggestion for the next chapter. Bye-bye, the next chapter will be uploaded on Saturday 20th April.