Chapter 14

The cold wind from the window makes it harder to sleep

The cold wind from the window makes it harder to sleep. Every time I close my eyes to sleep, all those thoughts and questions strike back into my mind, and I don't know why but I wanna know where is Ravi, what's he doing. I JUST CAN'T SLEEP. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

The bright sunshine hits my eyes, and my eyes feel irritated by the sun, and then they slowly open. Now I realize that I slept, but I have no clue when. And I wonder how I slept with those questions and thoughts on my mind. Now I'm thinking, do I like him? 

Why isn't he going off my mind? I wonder if I should talk to him about it today, I think I probably will. And suddenly, the wind from the slightly opened window comes and hits my face. It reminds me that I gotta get up.

After freshening up, I was going to message Ravi and ask him to meet me, as I wanna tell him something, I typed the message, and as soon as my finger went close to the send button, I heard a slight sobbing sound, it's coming from the living room.

I wonder who is it, I go outside and I'm shocked, I see Sid sitting on the sofa, sitting in the corner seat, he's holding a soft cushion near his chest and has his head on it.

Ananya- Good morning, Sid!

He gets scared and after a few seconds, looks at me and says...

Sid- Oh hi di, you awake? Good morning.

Ananya- What happened, Sid?

Sid- What? What happened?

Ananya- You are sad, right?

Sid- Di, wake up, you dreamin' things!

I can't tell him that I saw him wiping his eyes when I called his name; as I have never seen him crying for years now, he might feel weird if I tell him.

Ananya- Something did happen, I'm sure. So tell me. Something about Tanya?

His expressions changed as I said Tanya's name. Now I know that something happened related to her. I go close to him, hug him tightly, holding his head near my chest. His body is feeling a little stiffer than usual. 

Now he bursts into tears and hugs me back tightly, and his body feels a bit relaxed now. But I'm sure he isn't. I'm worried, as he doesn't ever cry in front of me. He cries for a few minutes, and I try my best to make him feel better and more comfortable. After a few minutes, he finally starts talking.

Sid- Di, don't tell parents about anything, please.

Ananya- Won't, don't worry, now tell me everything.

Sid- Tanya...

Ananya- Tanya what?

Sid- Tanya is actually... my...

Ananya- Girlfriend?

Sid- Uh.. yeah, somethin' like that...

Ananya- Great, so you lied to me? Amazing, Sid.

Sid- Sorry, di, I was scared of how you would react, so I couldn't tell you anything.

Ananya- Ok, forget that, but what's the problem? Why are you sad?

Sid- She has strict parents and a strict brother, who don't give her permission to have any type of relationship by herself. She has to listen to them.

Ananya- Oh. That's. Bad. I guess.

Sid- Here's the worst part. Her brother found out about our relationship and is saying to end the relationship. Also called me to meet him today in the cafe.

Ananya- Oh God, now?

Sid- I do not... know.

Ananya- Should I try to help?

Sid- PLEASE!

Ananya- Ok, let's go together! I'll tell parents that I have an early class today, this way they will not know anything.

Sid- Ok, di, thank you so much, we'll leave in 30 minutes.

Ananya- Ok. You go get ready and don't worry, everything will be fine.

Sid- Thank you so much, di, love you.

Ananya- Haha, nice joke!

Sid- It's not a joke di.

Ananya- Ok, whatever. Go get ready.

I finished my chores and called my mom and said...

I had fun writing this, I hope you enjoy reading it as well. So, please make sure to comment and give suggestions of what I could have done better or give me a suggestion for the next chapter. Bye-bye, the next chapter will be uploaded next Saturday 24th February.