Chapter 185 - Appearance Fee (10)

Start from the beginning

“Yes. He’s a very solid guy.”

“Huh- It’s Senior Sim Han-ho we’re talking about, and he says it doesn’t matter at all?”

Following that, Director Ahn Ga-bok’s smile stretched long as he folded his arms.

“I told you, he’s number one in the country when it comes to boldness.”

Though it was a misunderstanding, Director Ahn Ga-bok, reminded of Woojin, nonchalantly changed the topic.

“So, CEO Choi, when would you like us to officially announce the casting of Woojin? Is there any particular situation?”

Recalling Kang Woojin’s packed schedule in a breath, Choi Sung-gun replied.

“You can do it right away; as of now, there’s no problem on our end. However, if possible, after 5 days would be preferable.”

“After 5 days?”

“Yes, between December 5th and 6th, Woojin will be heading to the US for shooting PD Yoon Byung-seon’s ‘Our Dining Table’. The shooting period is about a week.”

“Ah- you mean you’d like our movie news to fill the gap when he’s not in Korea?”

“It’s a request. It doesn’t have to be exactly like that.”

Choi Sung-gun calmly recited another reason.

“Also, if actor Sim Han-ho does join, it would be better if it’s announced together. It might not matter much to the public, but for those in the industry, it seems better that way.”

“Because it makes a prettier picture?”

“Yes. If actor Sim Han-ho is confirmed, Woojin will be seeing a lot of him, and we’d like to avoid any unintended discomfort.”

“Hmm- I’ve sent the scenario to Sim Han-ho for the second time, but ranking announcements might not be polite.”

In other words, it meant maintaining the dignity of a top actor in the Korean acting industry while also showing respect. Setting aside the impact, if we look at the essence, Kang Woojin is a newcomer, and Sim Han-ho is like history or a legend. For Choi Sung-gun, who was well-seasoned in the entertainment industry, it was a simple calculation.

Moreover,

‘Being announced between Director Ahn Ga-bok and the legendary Sim Han-ho, rather than alone, would be a hundred times better for Woojin.’

He had even considered the difference in explosive impact.

“Ah, of course, if actor Sim Han-ho cannot join due to circumstances, it’s a moot point.”

“I know. I was planning to announce it after hearing his answer.”

Then, the film company CEO, who was checking articles related to ‘Leech’ on his phone, laughed softly.

“The media and public opinion situation is interesting. Senior Sim Han-ho, who hasn’t answered yet, is being treated as confirmed, while Kang Woojin, who hasn’t even been mentioned by the media, is confirmed for the casting.”

Director Ahn Ga-bok, who was leisurely leaning his chin on his hand, responded with ease.

“I didn’t anticipate this, but it seems people will be quite surprised.”

Afterward,

Following the announcement by the film company that Director Ahn Ga-bok’s 100th work was aiming for Cannes,

『[MovieIS] Director Ahn Ga-bok’s 100th work, aiming for Cannes, signifies an extraordinary current.』

Interest in ‘Leech’ within the domestic film industry soared beyond imagination. The media and insiders were buzzing, but most notably, it was the domestic top actors who stood out.