Chapter Twenty-eight: The Whistleblower

En başından başla

"Watch out now, Ad! Zs might just beat you to our room this time." He teased.

"I think I'll still be faster." Adrenaline replied competitively to Patches, doing some minor stretches.

"I don't know," Zs shrugged slowly, "I might beat you this time." He joked in a monotone.

Circuit laughed, "We'll have to see then." He then got into position and counted his brothers down.

Adrenaline sped off once the word "go" left Circuit's lips. He looked behind himself as he sprinted. He was already gaining a lot of ground.

Zs was giving his best for the race and was doing above his average performance as he kept up the pace with the rest of his batchmates.

'I've got this in the bag! This win is as good as mine!' Adrenaline thought as he rounded another curve, trying to be as careful as he could when maneuvering an area where more Kaminoans and cadets were present. He wanted to try and get better about his reckless behavior like he had told Owl Eyes. Not dozing everyone in his path was a good start. Adrenaline started another turn confidently.

Talon, who had stood in wait for his rivals to come, stepped out in front of Adrenaline with a smug expression.

That proved to be a stupid move when Adrenaline gasped and couldn't slow himself in time, running hard into Talon and falling on top of him, managing to knock his breath out in the process.

Talon let out a shout of panic as he fell. He looked at Adrenaline with a pained and angered expression.

Adrenaline scrambled off of Talon, "Talon! I'm so sorry! You just stepped out of nowhere- I didn't see you! Gee... I'm so VERY sorry."

"You should be!" Talon croaked as he strained to breathe again.

Surge Squadron rounded the corner and stopped when they saw what happened.

"Talon! Are you okay?!" Sights asked as he walked toward him.

Talon continued to lay there, trying to regain his breath. He finally got it back after a second more, drawing in a deep inhale. He managed his breathing, not bothering to snark at Sights.

Sights dropped to Talon's side after he began breathing again, and he grabbed under his arms to help sit him up.

Talon wrinkled his nose, "Stop helping me! I can handle myself just fine!" He shouted, looking back at Sights.

When Sights had sat Talon up fully, he released him, "Alright then. I'll let you stand on your own."

Circuit stepped forward, "Now... What happened? Why are you here? You are past your barracks, and where you were stationed for cleaning had a faster way to the mess hall, so you weren't headed to any of those."

Talon stood up with the aid of the wall. His legs shook a little, but soon he had his balance. He placed his hands on his hips and stared down his adversaries, "Don't act like you don't know why I am here." He looked behind them and saw his squadmates walking down the hall together. He whistled for them to join his side.

Surge Squadron looked over their shoulders to see Talon's brothers approaching. They walked over to their brother and stood behind him.

'Not another confrontation... Seriously?!' Thought Circuit with a groan.

"We don't know why you are here." Vision returned, lifting a brow.

"Is that so? Then which one of you is the anonymous cadet who blabbed this morning's events to Lafa?" Talon demanded, "One of you told her... And now there is a price to pay. Fess up."