Chapter Twenty: Adjustments

Surge Squadron watched as Owl Eyes stormed by, bumping into Vis' shoulder on the way out.

"I would say now was your chance to talk to him, Circuit, but he seems to be in a foul mood." Vision said as Owl Eyes kept walking.

"Really? Because I thought I saw him skipping and smiling." Patches replied smartly, "I'm pretty sure we could see he's upset, Vis. We don't need an analysis on that."

Circuit watched Owl leave, "Wonder what has him upset... Gee- now I feel really bad about snapping at him..." He sighed.

Sights patted Circuit's shoulder, "That can't be helped right now. Let's get breakfast. Maybe later you can talk to him and apologize. okay?"

"Okay... Yeah- let's eat..." Circuit nodded, walking in and securing a table.

Talon wrinkled his nose as Surge Squadron entered the mess hall. He then looked surprised when he saw that Sights had a new visor... That turned to frustration quickly, "Didn't that visor shatter?!" He hissed to his squad as he aggressively stabbed the remains of his biscuit with his fork.

Geo jumped, swallowing the bite of food he ate wrong, at Talon's outburst. He coughed and gagged, grabbing his water and drinking some to calm his body.

Grove looked over, "Yeah... It did..."

"Then why is that blind clone wearing a new one?!" Talon growled.

Geo answered hoarsely, "Obviously there was a backup." He pounded his chest, coughing a few more times.

Talon eyed Surge Squadron as they got their food, "They are like Kaminoan storms... They never leave or relent... I despise them with every fiber of my being."

Surge Squadron made their way over to the table Circuit was at.

Sights sat between Patches and Vision, "Don't look now, brothers. Talon's giving us nasty looks."

Patches looked over where Talon sat, "Oh, that? Sights, his face is just naturally deformed like that. That's the defect he refuses to acknowledge." He teased.

"Patches- cut it out." Vision told him, deadpan, "Ignore and just eat." He began to eat the grain-meal first, muttering the word "flavorless" under his breath.

Patches shrugged, "Would you say that prolonged time of using a certain facial expression results in that expression distorting a person's face?"

Vision huffed, released the spoon he used, turned his head slowly toward Patches, and tilted his face slightly downward with a slow, unimpressed blink as if to say, "Why are you like this?"

"Fine- fine!" Patched replied, putting up his hands, "I'll eat... It was just a question, Vis!"

Vision grunted, "No wonder Talon is provoked to do half the things he does... You instigate a good portion of it..." He turned back to his food, eating again.

Sights chuckled softly.

Adrenaline looked at Zs curiously, "Do you ever feel like impulsively throwing your biscuit at someone?" He asked, "It's the perfect size."

Zs looked at Adrenaline tiredly and slightly concerned, "No...? Please do not throw your biscuit... Or I will impulsively ignore you the next time you ask to run."

Adrenaline laughed, picking up his biscuit and biting into it, "I wouldn't throw it though..."

"Yeah you would." Flashback laughed, "You were probably thinking about doing it if we didn't call you out, weren't you?"