Chapter Twenty-seven: A Temporary Truce

Finally, when the Kaminoan supervisor opened the door to the lift, Geo and his squad moved in to be sent up to the simulator. Next, Surge Squadron entered when the lift returned, and the final two divisions did the same.

When all four squads were on the same level, the two other divisions teamed up and began to plot their strategy.

Circuit observed them briefly before looking at the displeased Geo, who had walked away with his brothers to make their own plans. He padded over, "Hey- shouldn't we plan together? This is a group exercise after all."

All in Talon's squad fell silent, and everyone but Owl Eyes stared at Circuit like he was stupid.

"We? What do you mean by 'we?' There is NO 'we.' There's just my squad, our goals, and our points." Geo snapped rudely.

Circuit tilted his head, "I don't think you understand how group exercises work..." He said sarcastically. He knew they understood how the exercises worked. He was merely reinforcing a major detail, "The points we get are ultra-scored and could qualify us for special programs. This is important and we have to work together for this once or our score is as good as doomed."

Geo rolled his eyes, "I'm not dumb, Circuit! All I'm doing is changing the system a little... We will use our own tactics and you will use yours. Try not to fail." He snarled.

"Using separate tactics is kinda defeating the-" Circuit began.

Geo ran forward and sized him up, "WHO CARES. I wasn't ordered to work with you all specifically, so I'm not gonna. End of discussion!"

Circuit backed off, "Suit yourself." He walked back over to his squad, shaking his head in frustration. "Well, boys... looks like this group activity won't be a group activity. Gather around and let's come up with a few strategies we can use to keep our performance up."

Surge Squadron huddled together as they swapped ideas.

"If we have many targets, I could potentially roll in a few practice detonators." Zs suggested.

"And I could be the distraction again!" Adrenaline chimed in.

Vision shook his head, "I doubt that that would be effective, Ad. Since we have a group assignment, I can infer that we will have an influx of droids. It would be too risky to run out into the open. You will have to stick with shooting just a blaster and following orders."

"Aww...." Adrenaline hung his head in disappointment.

"Next time, Ad. Next time." Zs told him, patting his chest reassuringly.

Ember spoke up, "Well if Adrenaline can't buy us time, we will have to move up together. Maybe I could use a practice flamethrower to keep the droids at bay?" He offered, giving an involuntary laugh.

"You just want fire, Ember." Patches pointed him out in a bored tone.

Ember laughed for real this time, giving a tense shrug, "Maybe I do, but it could work!"

"Ember has an angle, Patches... We'll consider it..." Vision nodded.

This made Ember really happy.

Subtle snickered at Ember's excitement, "Since Ember may be keeping the droids back, the rest of us can focus our fire on them while they're overwhelmed."

"And Sights can take out the droids who aren't affected by Ember's wake." Circuit suggested.

"Sounds pretty fool-proof to me," Sights smiled, "we've got this!"

The brothers shared a group hug and then waited for the signal to get into position.

Adrenaline glanced at Owl Eyes as he and his squad stood far away. He then turned his attention back to his squad.