Chapter Twenty-eight: The Whistleblower

Upon reaching the mess hall, Circuit secured a table, and Geo did the same while the rest of the cadets rushed to get their meals.

The dinner was some kind of mush with a bread side. It was one of the less-favorite meals around Tipoca City, but as hungry as the cadets were, they didn't seem to care. They just wanted their hunger satisfied, and as soon as they separated to their tables and sat down, they attacked their food.

Even Vision, who was so adamant about the presence of chemicals in the food, ate the colorless, tasteless mush he detested quickly and without a single complaint.

"Vision is loving those toxins, aren't you, Vis? Delicious..." Patches teased.

Vision gave him a gentle glare to signal that he wasn't in the mood to joke because he was embarrassed to be seen contradicting his staunch viewpoint so strongly.

Patches chuckled and left him alone as he ate his own food.

Sights grabbed his bread and bit into it, "I think we did great today. Not only did we do great in the simulator, but we also might make peace with Talon's brothers."

Circuit chimed in, "I agree. I am proud of all of you. You worked hard and together we may just have a chance in ending our rivalry... That is, if Talon actually finds the sense to accept a peace treaty."

Ember smirked. He seemed calmer post-simulator training. At least for now. "The day he accepts peace is the day I will never light ever again."

"That'll never happen. You always light fire." Adrenaline replied.

"That's his point. He's saying that there's a slim chance Talon will ever make peace." Subtle explained with a sigh before finishing his mush.

"Oh." Adrenaline blinked.

Flashback waved around his piece of bread dramatically. "But if he does, I'll tell that story over and over again!" He outstretched his arms and hit Subtle's face with the bread.

"Aye! Watch what you're doing!"

"Sorry, Sub." Flashback apologized, pulling back his bread.

Subtle muttered as he wiped the crumbs off his cheek and into his hand.

Zs smiled, "It's just bread, Sub."

"Bread that shouldn't have collided with my cheek."

"I said sorry!" Flash whined as he devoured the bread quickly.

Before long, all the cadets had finished eating, and Zs became excited, "All done! Let's head back to the barracks! I'm going to get some early sleep tonight!"

Circuit chuckled, "Okay, Zs. We'll make that happen for you, brother." He turned to the rest of his squad, "C'mon. Let's clean up then race back."

"You don't have to tell me twice!" Adrenaline smiled, sloppily cleaning his spot and running his tray over to the stack of dirty ones.

The rest of the squad cleaned their spots and returned their trays as well. Vision, unsurprisingly, was the last to leave. He meticulously cleaned his, Adrenaline's, and anyone else's spots that he deemed not clean enough for his liking.

"Come on, Vis!" Circuit called, "Ad's getting impatient over here!"

"I'm coming! Quality takes time!" Vision fired back as he finished cleaning and putting his tray away. He ran over and stood by his brothers to engage in the race.

Patches eyed Zs, who was next to Adrenaline, with a chuckle.

Zs seemed excited to return to the barracks by observing how tense he was.