Chapter Six: The Deal

The "victim, of the chase," Lafa Re, didn't look pleased with her former co-worker or Patches as he rounded her, trying to grasp AZ-83. She caught the arm of the droid in one hand and Patches' suit collar in the other, holding the two at a distance from one another. "Now, what is the meaning of this interaction my sorry body has obstructed?" She snarled, no longer looking like the calm and collected woman she appeared to be. Despite her slender build, she must have been powerful to keep the two rivals apart in her clutches.

"This stupid droid of ours has done his last! I'm going to bash him! Let me go!" Patches yelled, struggling to break free.

Lafa looked down at AZI-83, "And what in the galaxy's name have you done now?!"

"What makes you assume I did anything, Lafa? Everything just ends up being my fault, doesn't it?" AZ-83 sighed, slumping in her grasp.

"Quite possibly the fact that this cadet is desperately trying to scrap you beyond all recognition?" Lafa said sarcastically, "Fess up!" She ordered.

AZI-83 sat quietly, saying nothing, trying to act innocent.

"HE CALLED MY SQUAD AN APOCALYPSE-" Patches shouted. "Don't let that false innocence trick you. His act is as fake as those useful skills he claims to possess!"

"Why, that is the most offensive thing I have been told in my life, Patches!" The droid countered.

"Alright, I've heard enough," Lafa growled, annoyed. She began dragging the two back to their room.

Patches unwillingly plodded beside Lafa Re, scuffing his shoe bottoms as he went. He kept an unmoved glare on his caretaker droid.

AZI-83 made a shudder-like movement uncomfortably at Patches' death stare. "Lafa? I'd like to clarify something. The alleged statement wasn't by me. It was initially quoted by Vision."

Lafa Re made a grunt of annoyance, "I don't care who started this. What matters is, in this scenario, you instigated and drove this cadet mad over it. You all are nothing but trouble- I put you in service to them because of how compatible you are to them- apparently, you make matters worse!"

"I do not, Lafa! You know I'm a very outspoken individual! Vision and I both said the same thing; yet, I was the one Patches decided to exact his rage upon, which placed a load of stress upon my conscience." The droid whined.

"Look here, you stuck-up..." Patches was going to begin another insult, but Lafa stopped him dead in his tracks with a firm, stern stare.

"That will be quite enough of you. Keep your mouth shut!"

"But I-" Patches began to protest.

"That's an order, cadet!" Lafa Re snapped, drawing in a breath after that sharp command, "Good soldiers must learn to maintain their anger. Consider this as a test outside of one of our designated programs. Treat it as such."

Patches bit his tongue, "Sorry, Lafa Re, Ma'am. I'll try my best to manage my anger- it's just so hard to. Some people- more specifically, some droids happen to make this harder for me. I've been doing better around Talon, though. I even helped Circuit rethink his intentions about busting him in the nose." He said proudly.

"I feel like that first statement was targeted towards me," AZI-83 said in a very melancholy tone.

"IT WAS, 'CAPTAIN OBVIOUS.' Glad you caught onto my sass. Maybe you are worth something." Patches scoffed, crossing his arms.

"Patches?! Let me make it clear that-"

"Shhhh!" Lafa scolded the offended droid, "You helped your brother manage his anger by managing yours?" Her eyes sparkled slightly, "You did?"