Chapter Fourteen: Sharp Talons

Sights was full and satisfied now. He marched by Vision, happily smiling at his brother and his reflection in his brother's circle-frame glasses.

Vision patted Sights on his shoulder, returning the smile. His smile faded into a more blank expression when he saw Lafa Re beginning to stride beside him and his brothers. He cleared his throat, "Madam Lafa Re? To what do we owe the pleasure?" He looked up at her pale face with the utmost respect.

Sights looked upon the Kaminoan scientist again, with fear instilled into him now. He felt stiff and wary of her but shared the same respect as Vision had.

Lafa Re blinked slowly, holding her head high as usual, "I am ensuring that we have the results to that little bet me and CT-2378 made are seen first-hand by myself- I want no room for potential altercations." She glanced at Subtle and cleared her throat.

"My name is Sights." Sights told her softly, which she ignored.

Vision let out a small breath. He thought that Talon had tattled on Ember's little "accident" in the cafeteria during lunch hour. "Oh! Of course, Madam Lafa Re- but if you don't mind my asking, what do you mean by 'altercations?'"

Lafa blinked again, side-eying Subtle, "Care to share what you did four months ago, CT-2392?" She asked Subtle.

Subtle cleared his throat and stiffened, "Um- no Ma'am." He looked down at his feet.

"Subtle?! What did you do?" Vision asked him, looking very displeased.

"Well... I maybe- kinda- sorta-"

"SPIT IT OUT!" Vision told him.

"I used my skills to alter a bad test score when no one was looking, and the tutor droid caught the data inconsistency... And- yeah... I was punished to do janitor duty the rest of the day." Subtle blurted out quickly, looking at the wall.

Vision sighed heavily, "So that was why you were missing all that day- Subtle... Seriously?"

"Back to the concept of improving our actions..." Sights muttered.

"And what have you learned from that experience?" Vis asked him, deadpan.

Subtle laughed nervously, "I never want to be stuck as a janitor in Tipoca City, so I will study harder and never do that again... Also, I learned that Lafa can scream really loud when she's angry at a cadet."

Lafa Re narrowed her gaze, "And I shouldn't have to do that ever again-"

"You won't. I won't do that again." Subtle promised.

They arrived together at the classroom, and the cadets took their seats. It was peaceful for now since Talon and his division hadn't shown up yet, so the boys cherished that for now.

Zs slumped in his seat, yawning. He slowly glanced at Adrenaline, who always sat beside him.

Adrenaline was smiley as he usually was. He slowly reached out and poked Zs' cheek playfully.

"If only that injected a fraction of your energy..." Zs sighed, "But nope- I'm still longing for the comfort of my bedsheets... Where I can sleep uninterrupted... Until you wake me up at some ungodly hour, just to run track with you, which you knowfull welll I cannot do."

Adrenaline giggled, finding that response amusing, so he poked Zs again.

Sights looked down at the screen built into his desk, then Vision, as he fidgeted with his glasses out of boredom and stress, "Psst!" He tried catching Vis' attention.

Vision slid his glasses on again and blinked, looking at Sights, "What?"

"You can start teaching me how to read starting tonight, yes?" Sights asked excitedly.