Embrace

Zack's voice softened as he reached out to hug Estrella gently, providing a comforting presence. "Estrella, it's okay to be worried about Kevin. He's an important person in your life, and it's natural to feel concerned when something unexpected happens. We'll figure this out together, and I'm here to support you."

As Estrella took bites of the salad, Zack noticed her momentary shock at being hugged. He pulled back slightly, giving her space to process her emotions, but maintained a reassuring grip on her shoulders. "I'm sorry if I startled you," he said with a warm smile. "Sometimes a hug can bring a sense of comfort and reassurance, especially in difficult times. I just want you to know that you're not alone, and we'll do everything we can to find out what happened to Kevin."

He paused for a moment, allowing Estrella to take in his words. "Now, let's focus on enjoying this delicious salad. It's important to take care of ourselves even when we're worried. Remember, we're in this together, as a team." Zack's comforting tone conveyed his sincerity and determination to support his sister through whatever challenges they may face.

"Zack, you're the best, you know that?" Estrella chuckled with amusement, her voice carrying a lightness that danced in the air. The flavors of the ranch dressing lingered on her lips as she licked them, savoring the tangy richness. From the corner of her eye, she narrowed her eyes at him, catching the flickering glow of the fiery blaze in the nearby fire pit. Its warm light cast dancing shadows on their faces, adding a touch of enchantment to the scene.

"I know I'm probably being a little bit silly, missing Kevin when it's only been a few hours since he left the house," Estrella continued, her words tinged with a mix of vulnerability and playful self-awareness. "But I can't help being worried. We're always together, and it's weird being by myself."

Estrella's smile widened, her eyes sparkling with gratitude as she took another bite of her salad. The crunch of the fresh lettuce and vegetables filled her ears, and the creamy dressing coated her tongue with each delectable mouthful. The loving words and reassuring touch from Zack had created a warm ember of strength within her, like a comforting fire that burned away her anxiety. In this moment, she felt incredibly fortunate to have a brother like him by her side.

Zack grinned, his smile radiant as he settled back into his chair at the living room dining table. The crackling fire and the flickering flames cast a cozy ambiance around them, filling the room with a comforting warmth. The scent of candles mingled with the aroma of the salad, creating an intoxicating blend that wrapped around their senses. He felt a deep contentment in his heart, realizing that he didn't need phones or external distractions for entertainment. The simple pleasure of sharing a meal with his sister, accompanied by the crackling fire and the pages of a book, was enough to fill the night with a sense of peace and fulfillment.

In this tranquil setting, Zack couldn't ask for anything more. The soft crackle of the fire, the warmth of the flickering light, and the sound of his sister's satisfied eating created a symphony of comfort that resonated within him. It was a moment to cherish, a moment where the world outside faded away, leaving only the two of them and the gentle embrace of the night.

Sam's fingers deftly moved across the game controls, guiding his character Estrelle to feed her virtual self the salad. As he pressed a series of buttons with deliberate precision, the sensation of a good morning slowly enveloped him. The combination of movements translated into a satisfying visual display on the screen, as Estrelle's virtual avatar enjoyed a well-prepared meal. Through his actions, Sam could almost hear the virtual character's contented sighs of pleasure, as if the taste and texture of the salad were being experienced in an immersive way.

Meanwhile, Kevin sat quietly, his eyes glistening with unshed tears. He took deep breaths, trying to find solace in the moment. It felt so wholesome, watching Sam and Estrelle's characters interact, even though his own character was absent from the scene. He leaned back, allowing himself to relax in the comfort of Zack and Estrelle's point of view. The atmosphere in the virtual dorms felt serene and welcoming, creating a sense of camaraderie and belonging.

As the clock ticked past midnight, marking the halfway point of the day, Kevin let out a soft yawn. He felt the weariness settling in, but it was a pleasant fatigue that came from a day well-lived. With a sense of contentment, he nestled deeper into the comfort of his own bed, ready to embrace the embrace of sleep.