Dissappeared

Ozpin's breath came in rapid bursts, his chest rising and falling with the quickened rhythm of his heart. The weight of the situation bore heavily upon him, the gravity of their past and the countless unresolved issues begging for attention. Yet, in that moment, he knew they had to set all that aside and confront the immediate crisis at hand.

Taking a deliberate pause, Ozpin consciously slowed his breathing. Inhaling deeply, he allowed the air to fill his lungs, a momentary respite amidst the chaos. The fear and anxiety threatened to consume him, but he refused to succumb. With every exhale, he released the tension, steadying his nerves, and steeling himself for what lay ahead. Though the trepidation lingered beneath the surface, he was determined not to let it show. Instead, he would present himself as an unwavering force, a Headmaster not to be trifled with.

"How about we settle this like gentlemen, Karlin," Ozpin proposed, his voice carrying a calm resolve. The words hung in the air, laced with a hint of challenge and a measure of respect. He stood tall, his posture conveying strength and unwavering determination. In that moment, he radiated an aura of authority, awaiting the impending duel with a steady gaze and unyielding resolve.

As the Salem associates hastily retreated, their footsteps echoed through the ruined bar establishment. The once-thriving establishment now lay in ruins, its walls battered and broken. The scent of dust and debris filled the air, mingling with the faint odor of alcohol that still lingered despite the chaos. The absence of customers, a stark consequence of Kevin's reckless actions, added to the desolate atmosphere.

Junior, with a pained groan, struggled to rise to his feet, his bodyguards following suit. The room resounded with their groans of discomfort, a chorus of pain echoing through the wreckage. The shattered glass and splintered furniture crunched under their weight, a tangible reminder of the violence that had unfolded. The dim lighting cast long shadows, playing tricks on the eye and heightening the eerie ambiance.

Karlin, his face concealed by the ninja cloth, slowly turned around to face Professor Ozpin. The fabric fluttered gently as he moved, adding a sense of mystery to his presence. His eyes, hidden behind the mask, glinted with determination and a touch of menace. He regarded Professor Ozpin with a mix of disdain and amusement, finding the challenge presented to him utterly ridiculous.

"I don't think that's wise, Ozpin. You and Sam should stay out of this. As I depart, I'll spare your lives. I have no quarrel with you," Karlin warned, his voice raspy and laced with an air of threat.

A subtle smirk curved on Ozpin's lips, a glimmer of amusement dancing in his eyes. He relished the irony of Karlin believing he held all the control in this tense confrontation. The truth, however, was far different. Ozpin understood that this encounter transcended Kevin's involvement; it was a deeply personal matter, a clash of history and unresolved grievances.

The air crackled with anticipation as Ozpin's words hung in the space between them. The room seemed to hold its breath, as if aware of the weighty significance of the moment. It was clear to him now that Karlin's presence in Salem had little to do with Kevin and everything to do with settling old scores, seeking vengeance for past events.

"Ah, but you underestimate the depth of our quarrel, Karlin," Ozpin countered, his voice laced with a mix of determination and curiosity. The words carried a sense of years-long contemplation, of searching for answers and wondering about Karlin's whereabouts. Now, those answers stood before him, tantalizingly close, waiting to be unveiled.

The atmosphere grew charged with an electric tension, as if the very air quivered with the weight of their shared history. Ozpin's gaze bore into Karlin, his eyes sharp and unyielding, as he conveyed that he was no longer content with mere speculation. The truth he had sought for so long was within reach, and he was prepared to confront it head-on.

Karlin scoffed, a dark amusement glinting in his eyes, as he locked eyes with Professor Ozpin, who wore a slight smirk. The tension hung thick in the air, crackling with anticipation. "Well, keep on guessing," Karlin taunted, his voice firm and laced with a threatening edge. In one swift motion, he slashed through the air, his movements as fast as a striking viper. The wind whistled in response to his sharp, slashing motions, creating a symphony of ominous sounds.

Karlin bent down, his posture reminiscent of a raging bull ready to charge. And then, as if defying the laws of reality, he vanished. In an instant, he teleported, leaving behind a trail of ash-black smoke that slowly dissipated into the air. He was gone, disappearing into the remnants of the destroyed bar.

Sam stood there, his hands trembling as he tightly gripped his marksman weapon. The cold metal seemed to vibrate with his shivers, mirroring the unease that coursed through his body. He took a deep, shaky breath, his lungs struggling to gather themselves amidst the chaos. "I-I've never seen anyone teleport before," Sam muttered, his voice tinged with disbelief.

His heart pounded in his chest, the exertion of the recent events weighing heavily upon him. Sweat trickled down his forehead, mixing with the dust that clung to his skin. Sam tried to steady himself, placing his hands on his knees, seeking support and a moment of respite.

"We may not have all the answers now, but we need to find out what happened to Karlin and Kevin after their duel. When we get the chance, back at our home, we must uncover the truth," Sam suggested, his words spilling out between labored breaths. The gravity of the situation weighed heavily upon him. He couldn't shake the memory of Karlin's absence during graduation, his mysterious departure from Beacon Academy, and the questions that lingered under Professor Ozpin's watchful eye.

Ozpin's head dipped in a silent agreement with Sam, his gaze fixed upon the shattered remnants of what had once been a lively bar. The acrid scent of destruction hung heavy in the air, mingling with the metallic tang of spilled alcohol and the lingering wisps of smoke. The room bore the scars of a fierce battle, the echoes of clashing weapons and splintering wood still reverberating in Ozpin's ears.

A sense of unease settled within him, an intuition that whispered there was more to this story than a simple duel between Kevin and Karlin. The weight of the unknown pressed upon him, urging him to delve deeper, to uncover the hidden layers of their shared history.

"You're right, Sam," Ozpin acknowledged, his voice carrying a tinge of determination. The words hung in the air, accompanied by the distant sounds of sirens and the muffled voices of onlookers gathering outside. He knew that a mere surface examination would not suffice. They needed to unravel the truth, to piece together the fragmented puzzle of events that led to this chaotic scene.

His eyes met Sam's, conveying a silent command. The urgency of the situation was palpable. Ozpin needed his student's keen perception, his ability to decipher the clues left behind amidst the wreckage. He entrusted Sam with the task of meticulously examining the crime scene, of scrutinizing every detail and weaving together the threads of what transpired within these shattered walls.

"We must investigate more thoroughly," Ozpin urged, his voice tinged with a mixture of caution and resolve. The gravity of the situation weighed heavily upon him, the responsibility to uncover the truth resting squarely on their shoulders. With a nod of assurance, he conveyed his confidence in Sam's abilities, knowing that the answers they sought lay hidden within the chaos, waiting to be unveiled.