Down Low

Kevin felt the comforting presence of Ruby as she wrapped her arms around him, pulling him close within the confines of their dorm room. The wooden chair they sat on emitted a small, reassuring squeak, like a gentle cry of contentment. Amidst the happiness that enveloped Kevin, a lingering sense of apprehension tugged at his heart. The threat of their hidden relationship being discovered, potentially turning them into enemies, loomed over their heads.

A soft sniffle escaped Kevin as he hugged Ruby back, his arms encircling her with a tender embrace. His fingertips delicately brushed against her vibrant, light brown-crimson rose hair, marveling at its softness and resilience. The captivating scent of her hair wafted towards his nostrils, reminiscent of the essence of mother nature herself, evoking a sense of tranquility and wonder.

Just then, Sam tapped on Kevin's shoulder, his smile radiating warmth and camaraderie. Outside the window, the physical education class for RWBY Academy was in full swing, with teams and allies engaging in various activities. The sounds of laughter and friendly competition drifted through the air, creating a vibrant backdrop to their intimate moment.

"Hey, Kev. You alright there?" Sam's gentle tap on Kevin's shoulder brings his attention back to the present. Concern fills Sam's eyes, but his warm smile tries to reassure Kevin. However, a look of surprise flickers across Sam's face as he notices Kevin embracing Ruby.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Sam. What about you?" Kevin responds, feeling a mix of slight embarrassment and a newfound confidence in his decision. He was determined not to let anyone stand in the way of his love for Ruby Rose.

Sam's expression softens at Kevin's words. Having had previous conversations and observed their interactions, he had seen this coming. He takes a step back, a smug look playing on his face as the distant sound of bells rings across the dorms, signaling either training or a much-needed break before heading home.

"It's us, Kevin. But you've been gone for so long that you haven't even registered or familiarized yourself with your schedule at Beacon Academy," Sam remarks, letting out a sigh as he takes a seat on Kevin's slightly disheveled bed, the Velveeta-red blankets a stark contrast to the room's ambiance. Kevin remains seated, still wrapped in Ruby's loving embrace, taking deep breaths to steady himself while blushing.

"Y-you're right," Kevin stammers, his gaze darting between Sam and Ruby, his hands finding their way to his hips. "What should we do? Should we wait until Professor Ozpin get back? We need to keep my situation hidden until my brother and I resolve our enmity. They can't find out about the bull red shot on my forehead. It would put everyone in danger, and the academy could disown me..."

Before Kevin can continue, Ruby Rose places a finger on his lips, her touch both soothing and seductive, urging him to calm down. Kevin's puppy-like eyes stare at Ruby, captivated by her presence and the reassurance she offers.

  Ruby's gentle smile radiates warmth and reassurance, her soothing presence enveloping Kevin. Her hand, still resting on his lips, sends a wave of calmness through him. Their proximity allows her to lock eyes with him, her bright silver-blue gaze captivating his own. Her voice, barely above a whisper, carries an air of intimacy.

"It's okay, Kevin. There's no need to rush. You can go to Ozpin if you need to, if you are ready," Ruby whispers, her words laced with understanding. She pauses, her smile growing as she continues, "But you and I both know what this means. You can't hide from me anymore, right?"

A weak smile tugs at Kevin's lips as he replies, "Yes, Ruby. I won't." Chuckling softly, he adds, "You're the best girlfriend ever." The warmth of their connection fills the room, creating an atmosphere of affection and acceptance.

Meanwhile, Sam stands up from the fueled bed, stretching as he walks around the dorm. He mentions, "Professor Ozpin will be back soon. He sent us a message, and he'll let me know when he's close." Sam's phone comes to life, revealing a vibrant home screen with anime characters wielding swords and displaying elemental powers. It reflects his passion for the genre, and he takes pride in the wallpapers he has collected in his gallery.

"You guys could get to know each other while Ruby is still here, so it won't raise any suspicions," Kevin warns, raising an eyebrow as the clamor of children engaged in swordplay and warrior-like antics echoes from the nearby halls. Aware of the potential risks of being caught, Kevin blushes, realizing that Ruby isn't in her own dorm or occupied with her missions.

Desperation tinged in his voice, Kevin asks, "Can I get one last kiss before you go?" His plea hangs in the air, a mix of longing and urgency.