Warning

Dread washed over Ozpin, his heart sinking as he witnessed the brutal assault inflicted upon Kevin by Karlin. The sound of each blow echoed in his ears, a cacophony of violence that fueled his determination to intervene and protect his student.

"Sam," Ozpin called out urgently, his voice laced with a mix of concern and command. The words hung in the air, heavy with a sense of urgency. He turned his gaze towards Red and Melanie, locking eyes with them, silently pleading for their cooperation.

"You two," he said, his voice strained yet resolute, "take Kevin and get out of here. Find safety. Leave this to me."

As his words settled in the air, Ozpin pivoted back towards Karlin, his eyes fixated on the menacing figure before him. The weight of the situation pressed upon him, but he refused to falter. With a steely determination, he spoke to Karlin, his voice carrying an icy calm that masked the storm of emotions within.

"It appears we have a common enemy," Ozpin declared, the words dripping with a quiet intensity. He steeled himself for what lay ahead, ready to engage in a duel with Karlin, knowing full well the risks that awaited him. No matter the cost, he was prepared to face the challenge head-on, fueled by a resolute determination to protect his student and confront the threat before him.

Sam released his grip on Kevin, obeying Professor Ozpin's suggestion. Kevin let out a pained groan, his body throbbing from the relentless assault he had endured. Fueled by anger and a sense of betrayal, Melanie had stolen Kevin's powers through a passionate kiss, leaving him weakened and defenseless. Despite the temptation to abandon him in his vulnerable state, Melanie couldn't bear the weight of guilt on her conscience. She nodded in silent agreement with Professor Ozpin's advice.

Recognizing the gravity of the situation, Red joined Melanie in lifting Kevin from the ground, their muscles straining with the effort. They could see the signs that had driven Kevin to his actions, even though they found themselves deep within enemy territory, motives and loyalties shrouded in mystery. With their senses alert and scanning the surroundings for potential threats, they hurriedly made their way towards the front door. The early morning air was filled with the echo of their footsteps on the pavement, blending with the distant hum of passing vehicles. As they approached a nearby dumpster, their eyes briefly caught the sight of other buildings dotting the landscape, their significance diminished by the urgency of their escape. Their sole focus was on finding an alternate route back to the safety of their haven, their determination unwavering as they navigated the unfamiliar terrain. The rhythmic clicking of Melanie and Red's heels created an audible rhythm in the otherwise quiet surroundings. They passed residential neighborhoods, catching fleeting glimpses of families stepping outside with their pets and children, their expressions a mix of curiosity and confusion. Undeterred by the distractions, they pressed on, unyielding in their resolve to reach their destination.

Meanwhile, Sam retrieved his trusty marksman weapon, preparing himself for the challenges that lay ahead. Karlin approached Salem, extending a helping hand to tend to Junior's injured head and body. Junior's anger began to subside, his body going limp as he allowed himself to be assisted. The desire for revenge against Kevin, the source of his suffering, still burned within him. Even his bodyguards, slowly recovering and groaning in pain, couldn't alleviate his mounting frustration. "I'm going to kill him!" Junior exclaimed, his voice dripping with rage. However, Karlin intervened, his presence commanding and firm. Junior's impulsive movement halted abruptly, causing him to stumble and fall with a wince of pain. Karlin's gaze bore into Junior, unwavering and intense. "You should keep a closer eye on that boy, Kevin. He's my little brother, and your actions have consequences. The Salem family takes matters like these very seriously," Karlin growled, his tone laced with authority.

Understanding Kevin's unpredictable nature, Sam couldn't help but interject, his voice tinged with sadness and a desperate plea for understanding. "This isn't worth it! You have the power to help him, to join us on the side of good. You could be the big brother he needs, man. What happened between you two?" Sam's words hung in the air, the full story eluding him despite his presence during their fierce sword duel. Karlin, having disappeared from the academy without a trace, never to return for graduation, slowly turned his gaze towards Sam. Trembling with fear and anticipation, Sam's legs betrayed him, a stark reminder of the injuries he had sustained during the failed missions orchestrated by Karlin. Pain etched across Sam's face, his eyes locking with Karlin's intense stare.

"The damage has already been done, irreversible consequences set in motion. If I ever catch Kevin meddling with my family again, this time, I won't hold back," Karlin snarled, his black cloak billowing as he tightened his grip on his sword, his face concealed within the shadows. With tensions high, the rest of the Salem group dispersed, Junior staggering alongside his bodyguards as they sought medical attention and regrouped at their base of operations.