Chapter 179 - Appearance Fee (4)

Start from the beginning

This was expressed through the gaze and slight movements.

But in the angle, ‘Song Tae-hyung’ just found the mysterious man incredibly annoying.

[“Don’t look at me like that. It gives me the creeps.”]

From here, the TV screen is filled with the ‘Mysterious Man Next Door’. A close-up. His face getting closer seemed like a blank canvas. A canvas for painting the inner mind. Without a word, his inner feelings were reflected in his expression.

Slightly pursing his lips, fidgeting, the tips of his lips trembling slightly, his eyes shaking, facial muscles twitching.

It was odd.

Who exactly is this character? At first appearance, he was quite suspicious, but now, he seemed like a shy young man. Lacking confidence and the shyness was apparent in his stature. However, it was too delicate and detailed for ‘Song Tae-hyung’, who disregards relationships with people, to notice.

[“What exactly… I don’t know why you are doing this to me, but I’ll just ignore you. Alright?”]

Suddenly, the angle crosses between the two characters and then Kang Woojin is shown again. Despite being ignored, he was smiling. A pretty smile. Anyone who saw it would smile too, such a clean smile.

[“……”]

That ‘Mysterious Man Next Door’ took a step closer to ‘Song Tae-hyung’, who disliked him. Then, he clenched his right hand and brought it close to his nose, and the smile he was wearing brightened even more. The angle caught both ‘Song Tae-hyung’ and the ‘Mysterious Man Next Door’. Song Tae-hyung was seen from the back, and Kang Woojin from the front.

Soon.

-♬♪

A piano melody OST played, and subtitles smoothly appeared below the two characters.

-[I like you]

It was the interpretation of the sign language shown by Kang Woojin. From this point on, Woojin’s sign language appeared frequently. It appeared both in long and short segments. Moreover, changes began in Song Tae-hyung’s world. The ‘Mysterious Man Next Door’ took charge of the early conflict resolution and tension in ‘Freezing Love,’ delivering results beyond expectations.

As evidence, many viewers exclaimed in admiration.

Among them, from the beginning, news had spread that ‘sign language’ would appear in the drama, so many of the current viewers of ‘Freezing Love’ were people who used sign language.

There were familiar faces too.

(“Mom, that actor. His name is Kang Woojin, what do you think of his acting?”)

She was the sign language expert who had participated as a consultant during the script reading of ‘Freezing Love’.

She was sitting on the living room sofa with her mom, watching Kang Woojin in ‘Freezing Love’ on TV. Their conversation was in sign language. The sign language expert could speak during the reading. In other words, it seemed she became a sign language expert because of her mom.

(“Wonder whose son he is, tall and handsome.”)

At her mom’s out-of-the-blue response, the sign language expert furrowed her brows.

(“No, mom. I’m asking about his acting, not his face. Does he sign well?”)

(“Yes. He does well. Did that actor learn it for this?”)

(“He didn’t learn it. It seems he already knew how to. Of course, he must have practiced to match the lines.”)

(“That makes sense. I’m not well acquainted with actors, but sign language isn’t just about moving your hands. Look at that actor’s expressions and eyes. There’s nothing awkward about it. He must have made a continuous effort, probably not wanting to inconvenience us.”)