Chapter 178 - Appearance Fee (3)

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile, back in the CEO’s office, Seo Gu-seob.

“……”

With bloodshot eyes, was checking the content of the article released by PowerPatch. Part 1 of a 5-part series. In other words, there were four more strikes to come. The content of the article was filled with provocative information corresponding to the title.

-[PowerPatch= Goo Tae-yoon, Kim Jin-ki, Hwang So-yeon reporters]

-Before the interview, actress A, who gathered her courage, let out a long sigh. However, she eventually began to recall the past and opened her mouth.

“It was quite some time ago. Late at night, after finishing shooting, I received a call from CEO Seo Gu-seob.”

Actress A’s voice trembled as she showed the text message sent by Seo Gu-seob.

‘Finished shooting? Come to Cheongdam-dong karaoke now’

Despite clearly refusing, CEO Seo Gu-seob began to threaten.

‘Do you want to be buried in this industry? This was all arranged for your benefit. Come now. If you don’t, I’ll start canceling your schedule from tomorrow.’

At that time, and even now, the power CEO Seo Gu-seob held in the entertainment industry was immense, and actress A could not overcome his threats. The place she arrived at was crowded with Seo Gu-seob, his acquaintances, entertainment industry PDs, and other related personnel.

·

·

·

·

The first of the five-part series of investigative articles that burst onto the scene was about entertainment. It discussed summoning actresses to act as hostesses, creating actual sponsor-like positions, or using celebrities as bait. The content of the article was both meticulous and detailed. It clearly felt based on solid evidence.

Even more so, there wasn’t just one or two victims.

However, it was impossible for CEO Seo Gu-seob to identify the victims in the article. In fact, he had just slammed his tablet to the floor in frustration.

“Fuck! Fuck!!! Damn them!!!”

He couldn’t pinpoint anyone specifically. The reason was simple. The incidents mentioned in the article were just the tip of the iceberg. There were far too many similar cases. If you included even the minor instances, they were countless. And it didn’t matter if the actors were male or female. The anonymity of the victims in the article was perfect.

Soon, CEO Seo Gu-seob, who had been pacing angrily,

– Swoosh.

shakily held a cigarette between his trembling hands and put it to his lips, trying hard to calm himself down. He struggled to light it and then shifted his gaze outside the door.

“Are these bastards making phones to call?! Hey!!” (TL: making phones as in building or creating a phone)

But calling the already fled executives returned nothing but silence.

“……”

That silence gnawed away at the always firm-minded CEO Seo Gu-seob. The noose of despair around his neck tightened. He felt suffocated.

Yet, bulldog Seo swallowed his curses with a sigh.

Right then.

– Brrrr.

His cell phone on the sofa’s table spat out a short vibration. The problem was that the short vibration didn’t end with just one.

– Brrrr.