𝐗𝐂𝐕𝐈𝐈

✦ 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄 ✦

THE BRIDGE TO OLYMPUS WAS DISSOLVING

THE BRIDGE TO OLYMPUS WAS DISSOLVING. They stepped out of the elevator onto the white marble walkway and immediately cracks appeared at their feet.

"Jump!" Grover said, which was easy for him since he's part mountain goat. He sprang to the next slab of stone while theirs tilted sickeningly.

"It's fine. I'll catch you guys!" Aurora reassured her friends, her wings out as she hovered next to her friends, helping them.

"Gods, I hate heights!" Thalia yelled as she and Percy leaped.

But Annabeth was in no shape for jumping. Just as she started to fall with a yell, a strong hand grasped hers with determination and precision. It was Aurora, her white and golden wings shimmering in the dimming light as she held onto her friend with a firm grip.

With a grunt of effort, Aurora pulled Annabeth up towards her, her wings beating powerfully to maintain their position. The strain on her injured shoulder was evident, a sharp pain radiating through her arm, but she pushed through it, focusing solely on ensuring Annabeth's safety.

Annabeth found her footing beside her, panting and shaken but unharmed. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," Aurora gave her a reassuring nod before turning her attention back to the dissolving bridge. They needed to move, and fast.

"Keep moving!" Grover yelled.

They sprinted across the sky bridge as more stones disintegrated and fell into oblivion. They made it to the edge of the mountain just as the final section collapsed. Annabeth looked back at the elevator, which was now completely out of reach – a polished set of metal doors hanging in space, attached to nothing, six hundred stories above Manhattan.

"Well, this is just great," Aurora said,

"We're marooned," Annabeth said, "On our own."

"Blah-ha-ha!" Grover said, "The connection between Olympus and America is dissolving. If it fails –"

"The gods won't move on to another country this time," Thalia said, "This will be the end of Olympus. The final end."

They ran through the streets. Mansions were burning. Statues had been hacked down. Trees in the parks were blasted to splinters. It looked like someone had attacked the city with a giant Weed Whacker.

"Kronos' scythe," Percy said.

They followed the winding path towards the palace of the gods. Percy didn't remember the road being so long. Maybe Kronos was making time go slower, or maybe it was just dread slowing him down.

The whole mountaintop was in ruins – so many beautiful buildings and gardens were gone. A few minor gods and nature spirits had tried to stop Kronos. What remained of them was strewn about the road – shattered armor ripped clothing, swords, and spears broken in half.