𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

✦ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐂𝐄 ✦

"I GOT NOBODY!" POLYPHEMUS GLOATED.

They crept to the cave entrance and saw the cyclops, grinning wickedly, holding up empty air. The monster shook his fist, and a baseball cap fluttered to the ground. There was Annabeth, hanging upside down by her legs.

"Hah!" the cyclops said. "Nasty invisible girl! Already got feisty one for wife. Means you gotta be roasted with mango chutney!"

Annabeth struggled, but she looked dazed. She had a nasty cut on her forehead. Her eyes were glassy.

"I'll rush him," Percy whispered to Clarisse. "Our ship is around the back of the island. You, Rory, and Grover–"

"No way," Clarisse and Grover said at the same time.

"Over my dead body," Aurora glared at Percy before turning back to the cyclops and her best friend, her mind visibly running at lightning speed as she thought of a plan.

Aurora had already turned Sunbeam into a bow and arrow. Clarisse had armed herself with a highly collectible rams-horn spear from the cyclops' cave. Grover had found a sheep's thigh bone, which he didn't look too happy about, but he was gripping it like a club, ready to attack.

"We'll take him together," Clarisse growled.

"Yeah," Grover said. Then he blinked like he couldn't believe he'd just agreed with Clarisse about something.

"All right," Percy said. "Attack plan Macedonia."

They nodded.

They all had taken the same training courses at Camp Half-Blood. They knew what Percy was talking about. Clarisse and Grover would sneak around either side and attack the cyclops from the flanks while Percy and Aurora would take turns holding his attention in the front.

Probably what this meant was that they'd all die instead of just Percy and Aurora, but they were grateful for the help.

Aurora's determination burned fiercely within her. "I'll go first," Aurora asserted, her voice firm as she locked eyes with Percy, determination shining in her gaze.

"No!" Percy grabbed her arm.

"No?" Aurora gave Percy a look that told him that he better have an explanation why.

"I'll go first," Percy stated.

"What difference does that make? I'll be fine, Perce... if something happens, then you come in. That's how the plan works, remember? The plan you proposed we use." The silver-haired girl retorted.

Despite Percy's disagreement, Aurora stepped forward with resolve. With swift movements and a steely glare at the cyclops, who was tormenting her best friend, Aurora activated her power of invisibility, slipping past the cyclops undetected. Positioning herself directly in front of the towering creature, she took a deep breath, preparing herself for what was to come.