𝐗𝐋𝐕

✦ 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 ✦

THE LEAST THE ORACLE COULD'VE DONE WAS WALK BACK TO THE ATTIC BY HERSELF

THE LEAST THE ORACLE COULD'VE DONE WAS WALK BACK TO THE ATTIC BY HERSELF. Instead, Percy and Grover were elected to carry her with Aurora elected to supervise the two. Percy didn't figure that was because they were the most popular.

"Watch her head!" Grover warned as they went up the stairs.

But it was too late.

Bonk!

Percy whacked her mummified face against the trapdoor frame and dust flew.

"Percy!" Aurora scolded him from behind them.

"Ah, man." Percy set her down and checked for damage. "Did I break anything?"

"I can't tell," Grover admitted.

Percy turned to Aurora who was eyeing the Oracle as she rubbed her right wrist. "Maybe we can tell your dad to get a new one." he shrugged.

"That's not how that works, Water Boy," Aurora smacked his forehead the same way the Oracle's did against the trapdoor.

"Ow!"

Percy and Grover hauled her up and set her on her tripod stool, both of them huffing and sweating while Aurora simply watched them. She was only tasked to supervise according to her, so the boys did all the heavy lifting.

Who knew a mummy could weigh so much? Percy assumed the Oracle wouldn't talk to him, and he was right. The raven-haired boy was relieved when they finally got out of there and slammed the attic door shut.

"Well," Grover said, "that was gross."

They knew he was trying to keep things light for Percy's sake, but he still felt really down. The whole Camp would be mad at him for losing the game to the Hunters, and then there was the new prophecy from the Oracle. It was like the spirit of Delphi had gone out of her way to exclude Percy. She'd ignored all his questions and walked half a mile to talk to Zoë. And she'd said nothing, not even a hint, about Annabeth or his problem about the Hunters recruiting Aurora.

"What will Chiron do?" Percy asked Aurora and Grover.

"I wish I knew." Grover looked wistfully out of the second-floor window at the rolling hills covered in snow. "I want to be out there."

"Searching for Annabeth?"

Grover had a little trouble focusing on Percy. Then he blushed, "Oh, right. That too. Of course."

"Why?" Percy asked. "What were you thinking?"

Grover clopped his hooves uneasily. "Just something the manticore said, about the Great Stirring. I can't help but wonder... if all those ancient powers are waking up, maybe... maybe not all of them are evil."