𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈

✦ 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 ✦

THEY LANDED AT CRISSY FIELD AFTER NIGHTFALL

THEY LANDED AT CRISSY FIELD AFTER NIGHTFALL. As soon as Dr. Chase stepped out of his Sopwith Camel, Annabeth ran to him and gave him a huge hug. "Dad! You flew... you shot... oh my gods! That was the most amazing thing I've ever seen!"

Her father blushed, "Well, not bad for a middle-aged mortal, I suppose."

"But the Celestial Bronze bullets! How did you get those?"

"Ah, well. You did leave quite a few half-blood weapons in your room in Virginia, the last time you... left."

Annabeth looked down, embarrassed. Percy noticed Dr. Chase was very careful not to say ran away.

"I decided to try melting some down to make bullet casings," he continued. "Just a little experiment."

He said it like it was no big deal, but he had a gleam in his eye. Percy could understand all of a sudden why Athena, Goddess of Crafts and Wisdom, had taken a liking to him. He was an excellent mad scientist at heart.

"Dad..." Annabeth faltered.

"Annabeth, Percy," Thalia interrupted, her voice urgent.

She, Aurora, and Artemis were kneeling at Zoë's side, binding the huntress' wounds. Annabeth and Percy ran over to help, but there wasn't much they could do.

Aurora remained knelt beside Zoë, her hands trembling with exhaustion, she did her best to tend to the wounded huntress. With each gentle touch, she channeled what little strength she had left, trying to soothe Zoë's pain and ease her suffering.

But despite her efforts, Aurora knew deep down that she was too weakened from bearing the weight of the sky to offer much help.

Her heart heavy with guilt and frustration, Aurora glanced up at Artemis, silently pleading for guidance or assistance. But even the goddess seemed somber and powerless in the face of Zoë's fading glow.

As the moments passed, Aurora realized with a sinking feeling that there was little more she could do. The wounds were too severe, and without the aid of ambrosia or nectar, their options were limited.

She felt a pang of helplessness grip her heart, knowing that Zoë's fate now lay in the hands of the Fates themselves.

But then, a chilling realization washed over her.

The prophecy had spoken of one perishing by a parent's hand. Could it be that Zoë's fate was already sealed, written in the stars long before this moment?

The thought sent a shiver down Aurora's spine, a cold reminder of the cruel twists of destiny that often lurked in the shadows.

With a heavy heart, Aurora bowed her head in silent prayer, hoping against hope that someway, somehow, Zoë would find peace and solace in the arms of the Fates.