𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

✦ 𝐈 𝐃𝐎 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔!

THE FOLLOWING DAY, AFTER BREAKFAST, Percy and Aurora walked down to inspect the cabins

THE FOLLOWING DAY, AFTER BREAKFAST, Percy and Aurora walked down to inspect the cabins. Actually, it was Aurora's turn for inspection. Percy's morning chore was to sort through reports for Chiron. But since they both hated their jobs, they decided to do them together so it wouldn't be so heinous.

They started at the Poseidon Cabin, which was basically just Percy. He'd made his bunk bed that morning (well, sort of) and straightened the Minotaur horn on the wall, so he gave himself a four out of five.

Aurora made a face that told Percy that she was unimpressed.

"You're being generous."

She used the end of her pencil to pick up an old pair of running shorts.

Percy snatched them away. "Hey, give me a break. I don't have Tyson cleaning up after me this summer."

"Three out of five," Aurora said.

Percy knew better than to argue with her, so they moved along.

Percy tried to skim through Chiron's stack of reports as they walked. There were messages from demigods, nature spirits, and satyrs all around the country, writing about the latest monster activity. They were pretty depressing, and his ADHD brain did not like concentrating on depressing stuff.

Little battles were raging everywhere. Camp recruitment was down to zero. Satyrs were having trouble finding new demigods and bringing them to Half-Blood Hill because so many monsters were roaming the country.

Their friend Thalia, who led the Hunters of Artemis, hadn't been heard from in months, and if Artemis knew what had happened to them, she wasn't sharing information.

They visited the Aphrodite Cabin, which of course got a five out of five. The beds were perfectly made. The clothes in everyone's footlocker were color-coordinated. Fresh flowers bloomed on the windowsills. Percy wanted to dock a point because the whole place reeked of designer perfume, but Aurora ignored him.

"Great job, as usual, Silena," Aurora said.

Silena nodded listlessly.

The wall behind her bed was decorated with pictures of Beckendorf. She sat on her bunk with a box of chocolates on her lap, and Percy remembered that her dad owned a chocolate store in the Village, which was how he'd caught the attention of Aphrodite.

"You want a bonbon?" Silena asked, "My dad sent them. He thought – he thought they might cheer me up."

"Are they any good?" Percy asked.

She shook her head. "They taste like cardboard."

Percy didn't have anything against cardboard, so he tried one while Aurora passed.