𝐕𝐈

✦ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐓 ✦

THE NEXT MORNING, Chiron moved Percy to Cabin Three

THE NEXT MORNING, Chiron moved Percy to Cabin Three. Just when he'd started to feel accepted, to feel he had a home in Cabin Eleven and he might be a normal kid– or as normal as you can be when you're a half-blood– he'd been separated out as if he had some rare disease.

Nobody mentioned the Hellhound, but Percy got the feeling they were all talking about it behind his back.

The attack had scared everybody. It sent two messages: one, that he was the son of the sea god; and two, monsters would stop at nothing to kill him. They could even invade a Camp that had always been considered safe.

The other campers steered clear of Percy as much as possible. Cabin Eleven was too nervous to have sword class with him after what he'd done to the Ares folks in the woods, so his lessons with Luke became one-on-one.

Luke pushed Percy harder than ever and wasn't afraid to bruise him up in the process.

Annabeth still taught Percy Greek in the mornings, but she seemed distracted. Every time he said something, she scowled at him, as if he'd just poked her between the eyes. After lessons, she would walk away muttering to herself: "Quest... Poseidon?... Dirty rotten... Got to make a plan..."

Even Clarisse kept her distance, though her venomous looks made it clear she wanted to kill Percy for breaking her magic spear.

He wished she would just yell or punch him or something. he'd rather get into fights every day than be ignored.

In the midst of the awkwardness and avoidance, Aurora emerged as a beacon of comfort for Percy.

The daughter of Apollo, true to her celestial heritage, radiated warmth and positivity that cut through the chilly atmosphere surrounding him. When the other campers shied away, giving him a wide berth, Aurora stood unwavering.

Each morning, Percy found solace in the fact that he wasn't entirely alone.

The soft glow of dawn would cast its light on Aurora, who took it upon herself to be the first friendly face he encountered.

She glared back at those who dared to point and whisper as Percy passed by, creating a protective shield around him with her unwavering support.

Aurora became the best thing for Percy to wake up to, her cheerful presence dispelling the shadows that lingered from his claiming. Her reassuring words and genuine concern made him feel less like an outcast and more like a part of the Camp.

Somehow, in the midst of the uncertainty, Percy found a reliable friend in Aurora.

Their training sessions became a daily ritual, a time when Percy could forget about the awkward glances and the tension in the air.

True to her promise, Aurora patiently taught him fighting tricks, sharing her skills and knowledge generously. In those moments, Percy found respite from the isolation, and the bond between them strengthened, forming an unspoken alliance against the Camp's subtle hostility.