Chapter 41

Maylea

Days were passing by faster than I would've liked and the closer tour was, the more my anxiety grew; because instead of focusing on all the fun I was going to have traveling through Europe with my boyfriend and friends, my mind only focused on the fact that I had a month, on the clock, left until I had to start classes at college and it was driving me crazy.

My father was already looking up apartments for me, and I tried to pack most of my stuff so he didn't have to worry about it when the moving company comes to take it all from Los Angeles to Palo Alto. Since I said I was not going to live in Stanford my friends started calling me crazy, asking why I chose to be so far away from college when I have the chance to be right next to it. And the answer was simple: I don't want to be surrounded by anything that has to do with university on my free days; also, it's literally less than ten minutes away, I could go by feet if I wanted. For the good of my mental health, it's the best choice I could've ever made

Anyway, now my days in Los Angeles have a countdown, I decided to meet Hayley so we could spend some time together before I left. After the baby shower I was even more distant than before and that worried her a little, so I had to lie and tell her that I was stressed because of the trip and the admission and it was the reason I barely talked with her. Because that sounded better than telling her it physically hurt me seeing her pregnant. So doing my best to have a good attitude and enjoy time with a person I love and appreciate like a sister, instead of being a selfish bitch, I invited that blonde ray of sunlight over to my place so we could hung out without annoying people around:

-I swear is too weird to see your room this empty. -Ley said, sitting on my bed and looking around with a little of melancholy in her eyes.

-I know, right? But I don't have time to do it all when I come back from tour. -I explained, taking a seat next to her, and sighed-. I'm going to miss this place and being able to see you all every day.

-I'll miss you too, it's going to be hard not having Ax and you here but I'm so proud of you and I'm sure everything is going to be fine once you get used to being there. -The problem it's how long does it take me to get used to it...

I smiled and brought her closer so we could hug.

-You better take good care of yourself and of that little girl you've got in there, Sunny. -I said, caressing her belly as I felt my heart shrinking-. My goddaughter is going to be the most spoiled person ever, I'll take personal care of that.

-I knew I made the right decision choosing you as the godmother. -She joked and we laughed but suddenly Hayley became more serious and it worried me.

-What's wrong, sunshine?

-Sometimes I feel really scared of what's to come... -The girl admitted, placing her hands over her belly-. I wasn't expecting this to happen and, when I come down of the cloud thinking about her has me, I don't feel ready at all. I'm barely eighteen, I don't have a job, Colvin does but it's not enough to maintain a family yet... I'm scared I won't be what this child deserves...

-Hayley, don't you dare say that! -I exclaimed, not knowing anymore if my words were legit or not-. I've already told you, that kid is so lucky to have you and Viny as parents. She'll have the most loving and caring household anyone could ask for, and I'm sure you'll do everything you have in your hand to give that girl a life she deserves, a happy life.

-But what if I don't? If I can't...?

-You will. I'm certain.

-This year has been such a roller-coaster, isn't it? It almost feels like two separate years. -She said, resting herself back on the mattress and I followed her back, ending looking at the ceiling.